Moving to ChromeOS after growing up with Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay M

Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
It’s a lightweight OS, Chromebook are more or less like the new age netbooks. They cover the basics like net browsing and the new Chromebook plays Android apps too but that’s all about it. You can’t run more complex softwares and games like you do on Windows 10. Chrome OS was never meant to be a full fledged desktop OS, so there’s no point in comparing them to Windows 10 powered laptops, not to forget that many Chromebooks are way cheaper than Windows 10 laptops.

They target a two different categories of customers.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
It’s a lightweight OS, Chromebook are more or less like the new age netbooks. They cover the basics like net browsing and the new Chromebook plays Android apps too but that’s all about it. You can’t run more complex softwares and games like you do on Windows 10. Chrome OS was never meant to be a full fledged desktop OS, so there’s no point in comparing them to Windows 10 powered laptops, not to forget that many Chromebooks are way cheaper than Windows 10 laptops.
, Windows laptops and Chromebooks are similarly priced nowadays. I would even argue that good Windows laptops are cheaper because it is easier to eg find a 2nd handed Thinkpad or Elitebook or Surface etc.
Windows 10 is also relatively lightweight if you use more modern apps or well optimized programs. I still have a Surface Pro 1 out 2013 (i5, 4 gb ram and 128 gb ssd) and it runs Windows 10 well and can multitask on it if I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire