MS points converted to $$$ next week ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I was in a chat with MS about an app problem, seems someone gave me a refund for WPcentral app instead of another app, so when I tried to update it, it gave me an error.

In the chat, she gave me MS points instead of a refund for the app and she noted that they will be converted into cash NEXT WEEK.

Emilie D.: Sorry about that. What I can do is to give you 400 Microsoft points and in about one week, they will change into money.
Emilie D.: http://xbox.com/pointsfaq
Emilie D.: This link gives you more informations about this new transition from Microsoft points to money.

I questioned it a little and she is not 100% but, was given the info just yesterday.

Dave: Do you know for 100% next week they will be converted ? I heard fall time
Emilie D.: No actually I'm not 100% sure as we are aware of this new change only from yesterday.

So, this might be happening a lot sooner than we thought...

Anyone heard new info on this ?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 4000 MS points that have been sitting in my closet.. probably should redeem them soon.

No worries. From the FAQ: "Microsoft Points Cards will continue to be redeemable on your console and on Xbox.com throughout 2014 and for a limited time thereafter but will be discontinued after the launch of Xbox Gift Cards this fall."

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Haha... I don't think the rep that gave you that link really read that page all too carefully. From the very first line on the very first paragraph:

"...as part of the fall 2013 update..."

Haha

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Haha... I don't think the rep that gave you that link really read that page all too carefully. From the very first line on the very first paragraph:

"...as part of the fall 2013 update..."

Haha

yea, if you saw my 2nd part, I questioned her... and said she was not 100% sure...

Treat as rumor but, it came from a Microsoft rep so, it ***MIGHT*** be true...

I thought it would be interesting news but, I guess WPcentral didn't....

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I think she is mistaken. However, I've been cashing in rewards points and am up to 1801 MS points

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon