New Xbox One gadget

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife would really like it, though she is getting used to controlling DVDs with the controller... If this had a number pad on it? I'd buy it in a heartbeat (but I'd still not be able to access my DVR without my direcTV remote...)

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I will definitely get this just for the "volume down" button, because that command does not work well when the volume is too loud. I currently keep out my controller to control the Xbox One, my TV set top box remote to watch my DVR, and my audio receiver remote to control the volume. The Xbox One media remote will allow me to simplify, especially when I'm not playing a game.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd really like them to update Smartglass to work better with the TV app! It needs to be as good as Smartglass for IE is (which I think is incredible!). Honestly if these app developers actually put some time into Smartglass, they could make some crazy awesome things! (Netflix included!)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I will definitely get this just for the "volume down" button, because that command does not work well when the volume is too loud. I currently keep out my controller to control the Xbox One, my TV set top box remote to watch my DVR, and my audio receiver remote to control the volume. The Xbox One media remote will allow me to simplify, especially when I'm not playing a game.

Can your set top box remote not control your audio receiver? I have that setup through my DirecTV remote to control my Vizio sound bar... works like a charm. The only thing I need to use the Vizio remote for is to change settings or switch it on/off in night mode...

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Exactly my situation as well. I'm definitely getting this remote.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'll mainly be getting this for Blu-Ray usage, as most everything works with voice commands, except the blu-ray menu. XD

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if this has been delayed?

In Amazon it went from a March 7th date to a notice about them trying to figure out when it would be shipping to not being available directly from Amazon anymore.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

My volume down command works oerfectly. Sounds like you may need to recalibrate

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The remote arrived yesterday. Works great! I like the fact that the buttons light up when the remote is moved. Perfect for watching movies or tv shows at night.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
My Amazon order is finally shipping today. Can't wait to have it. :D

As other people have mentioned I really wish it had a slide out keyboard.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The bonus is, the update to support the media remote also gave my Logitech Harmony the ability to control the xbox. 👍

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Tapatalk

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I finally got this remote and it is horrible. It has a range of about 2 feet if I'm not standing directly in front of the Xbox One aiming the remote in a direction precisely perpendicular to the plane of the console with the media cabinet door open. I tried brand new batteries and it still performs very poorly. I'm sending it back.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Huh, my remote works very well and I have a fairly large family room. I just have to remind the family to point it at the Xbox and not the cable box/recevier, so I see what you are saying about pointing it fairly accurately toward the console. I just don't care for the design of the circular control for up, down, left, right -- there are buttons underneath it for each position, but because the control is flexible (rubber?) it is too easy for my thumb to fall into the gaps between the buttons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes