Xbox One Question

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, if there's any limitation. But I can be signed in on my Xbox One and our two Xbox 360 consoles simultaneously. I don't think it'll be any different with multiple Xbox Ones.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. I accidently logged in with my friends account on my own console and very soon my friend messaged me on FB that he got booted out of Xbox while he was playing something. We kinda wrote at the same time, he was just generally wondering what happened and I was typing that I accidently logged on his account if anything weird happened on his end.

It might depend on if both accounts are actively being used at the same time or something, but by default I'm pretty sure you cant actively use same account on two different consoles for obvious reasons. That would mean a bunch of friends would only use one account and share all games :D

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
No I just got an Xbox for Christmas and put that in my living room and just bought an Xbox for my bedroom, So I'll be using one or the other, not both at the same time. I would love to see it if I could lol!:cool:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Also No.

Bought my wife an Xbox One for Xmas to use in the bedroom, whilst we were setting it up my wife had to keep on walking through to the kitchen to check on Xmas dinner, in doing so she kept on walking past my Xbox with a Kinect and it kept on logging her on and subsequently logging her off of her own one.

I had to lock down her account on mine to stop Kinect from logging her onto it, and set hers to auto log on and stay logged on.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It is a shame that you cannot have more than 1 Xbox One in the same house set to home. I would have bought the kids one for their room, and they could play the games I have purchased.

I understand why I can't share it, but it is a shame.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well there's a way to roll with 2 accounts in reap benefits of both digitally, but yeah, as said, one account really is a no-go.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I wonder what would happen if you gave them your Xbox One and you had the new one, then make the new one the "Home" Xbox for all of you and take off the "Home" status of the old one.

I wonder if all the games would come back across.......

Obviously new games would have to go on the old Xbox if you wanted them on both.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
My gold privileges would only extend to the home one.

Pretty sure that isn't the case, as long as you are logged in on another console with your account too.

I know someone who have set their home consoles upside down with their friend. What I mean is that let's say that me and peachy are great buddies in real life. I have my "home console" set on peachy's console, while peachy has set his "home console" to the console that is at my place. This way both people have access to both libraries and im pretty sure that if the guest console you are on has no one with gold on it, if you log in with it, it just uses your own gold.

It's not really optimal though for some reasons, but it's one way. (and just about the only way)

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Also No.

Bought my wife an Xbox One for Xmas to use in the bedroom, whilst we were setting it up my wife had to keep on walking through to the kitchen to check on Xmas dinner, in doing so she kept on walking past my Xbox with a Kinect and it kept on logging her on and subsequently logging her off of her own one.

I had to lock down her account on mine to stop Kinect from logging her onto it, and set hers to auto log on and stay logged on.

Sorry for the hijack, but to have a wife that wants her own Xbox One!?! I'm so jealous. Mine plays the Kinect games, but isn't a true gamer by far.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure that isn't the case, as long as you are logged in on another console with your account too.

I know someone who have set their home consoles upside down with their friend. What I mean is that let's say that me and peachy are great buddies in real life. I have my "home console" set on peachy's console, while peachy has set his "home console" to the console that is at my place. This way both people have access to both libraries and im pretty sure that if the guest console you are on has no one with gold on it, if you log in with it, it just uses your own gold.

It's not really optimal though for some reasons, but it's one way. (and just about the only way)

Hi fella,

That iI an idea I considered, indeed, Paul Thurrott does the same thing with his son. It does mean that I would need for the kids to log into my profile if one of them, or my mrs, wants to use the one in the living room. Which would be ok, but I don't like giving them my password, they may buy something in error.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the hijack, but to have a wife that wants her own Xbox One!?! I'm so jealous. Mine plays the Kinect games, but isn't a true gamer by far.

Well saying she "Wanted an Xbox One" would be possibly stretching it a bit.......................

Basically she is pretty crap at tech stuff, especially if it has more than maybe 4 buttons to press, her previous set up was a Humax freeview box plugged into a TV, she would get so mixed up between remote controls and I would have to sort it out.

Yet she liked the simplicity of the Xbox One interface with the media remote control that could in effect replace two controls, and she made the mistake of remarking when my lad got his Xbox at the start of December "Where's my one".

What appeals to me (On behalf of my wife) is a common or almost common interface between Phone, PC, tablet and TV/entertainment system in the form of the Xbox One, so she can listen to music, watch TV, watch Catchup services, see her pictures, across all her tech stuff.

Without pestering me.

However it still doesn't work, half hour ago she brought her laptop in, it wouldn't show a YouTube clip all she got was a blank green screen so I tried Netflix with the same result, I shut the laptop down and restarted and it worked, when I gave it back I gave her one option on how I sorted it and got a wry smile in return :eek:rly:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi fella,

That iI an idea I considered, indeed, Paul Thurrott does the same thing with his son. It does mean that I would need for the kids to log into my profile if one of them, or my mrs, wants to use the one in the living room. Which would be ok, but I don't like giving them my password, they may buy something in error.

If you go to settings and there is some privacy-related thing, I'm pretty sure there is an option that it only asks password with certain things, such as when buying things or like when trying to change important details/information on the account etc. I'm not sure if this helps you cos I don't "have to" use it (at home I sign in with Kinect, at friends' place I've set it to always ask for my PW, as otherwise they'd have access to my OneDrive), so I'm not 100% what all were the options and flexibility of it, but perhaps check it out.

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the great responses and help, I setup my 2nd Xbox One today, all is great if I'm signed out of one I can be signed in to the other. This all I wanted to know. I'm downloading all my purchased games to the new Xbox. My son gave me GTA v for Xmas, can't wait to play that.
I have VTA IV on my PC and episodes of liberty city 2 great games. I wish Rickshaw games would release those 2 games on Xbox one I love playing those 2 games, my 2 favs.
My Gamer tag is Cowboy6248.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear whether both can go online for multiplayer at the same time. Particularly whether both can play in the same game and same match/game/lobby. I seem to remember the 360 had issues doing it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear whether both can go online for multiplayer at the same time. Particularly whether both can play in the same game and same match/game/lobby. I seem to remember the 360 had issues doing it.

I would definitely default to saying no if there is only one copy of the game. Havn't tried though.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Oh, that sounds weird. Probably can't get much more shaky/anecdotal evidence, but I've seen a lot of pictures with gamer couples who have like 2 Ones set up next to each other playing Titanfall together and at least I've never heard 2 consoles/2 copies to be a problem with the One.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes