Xbox One 2nd Generation

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Naturally with the release of Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront coming up in the near future I am interested in finally buying a next generation console. However, I am hoping to wait it out until the 2nd generation of the Xbox One console is released. In general when it comes to hardware I have learned to almost always wait until the 2nd generation. Has there been any news or indication as to when this might happen and when Microsoft will innovate the Xbox One?

I'm especially interested in a HDD increase (when the Halo Master Chief Collection now almost takes up 100 GB when you have the digital download version, I'm sorry but I really don't think it's acceptable to have 1/4 of my console filled by one game).

Or alternatively with the advancements in SSD technology it'll be interesting to see how things might change up with future console iterations.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Naturally with the release of Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront coming up in the near future I am interested in finally buying a next generation console. However, I am hoping to wait it out until the 2nd generation of the Xbox One console is released. In general when it comes to hardware I have learned to almost always wait until the 2nd generation. Has there been any news or indication as to when this might happen and when Microsoft will innovate the Xbox One?

I'm especially interested in a HDD increase (when the Halo Master Chief Collection now almost takes up 100 GB when you have the digital download version, I'm sorry but I really don't think it's acceptable to have 1/4 of my console filled by one game).

Or alternatively with the advancements in SSD technology it'll be interesting to see how things might change up with future console iterations.

Don't expect anything too radical on the tech front. Console updates tend to be aimed at packaging, price, and to some extent looks. Rumors for now involving a smaller console with the power brick going away. Also a move to a 20nm process from AMD is logical... or whatever is the next step from their current process. I'm not entirely sure about an increase in hard drive space or speed. Maybe a move to a higher standard of wifi... maybe. Granted this is all speculation. I think the only givens about the Xbox One "Slim" is going to be a smaller footprint, and a new cheaper and more efficient process.

Donny Smeets

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Can't find much about this still. Was there a difference between the first 360(white) and the later elite(black) ?

But yes, mee too. I also want to buy a next gen. I love my 360 still. And i do not know how the one will do after time.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

Technically, you're getting 5 games :D

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The HDD increase came, but not a die shrink or console shell one, either. It's hard to say when, if at all, such a thing would happen. One benefit is that with a re-design, they could make the HDD upgradeable. If I were Microsoft, I'd do that, while including a 500-GB HDD and doing like Sony and encouraging upgrades, rather than investing in a bigger HDD for each unit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon