Can you stream PC games to Xbox?

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just bought Xbox and am enjoying playing on a big screen TV. I have many PC games on Steam. Just wondering whether I can stream and play those games on my Xbox.

Thanks.

Blendomatik

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
You can via the wireless display app available in the insider program but it's way easier and less laggy if you just connect your PC to the TV :D

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
You can via the wireless display app available in the insider program but it's way easier and less laggy if you just connect your PC to the TV :D

I've been impatiently waiting for this display app to come off of the Xbox insider program and be released for the rest of us. I've got it on my phone and my Surface Pro 4 already. Unfortunately the Surface Pro 4 doesn't have a compatible display output for my TV (at least not without buying a dongle or a special cable) and I would love to display my desktop on my TV. Wireless display is becoming so common now, I'm surprised it's taken this long for the Xbox to develop and test this capability.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Best way to do this would be to buy one of those 100$ pc sticks and plug it into either the xbox's input or another HDMI port in your TV. install steam on the stick and then use in-home streaming from steam to send it to your stick/TV. Attach a wireless keyboard and mouse and you are good to go!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon