Space confusion...help!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I am going to pick a Lenovo MiiX2 for myself but there is something that confuses the hell out of me,..HOW IS IT FULL WINDOWS 8.1?
I have a cool AIO by HP that has 500GB HDD split in two with 250 gigs for each partition.
enter Lenovo MiiX2 with 32GB?

Hw? My desktop OS only is 95GB including the recovery image partition.

Also, what is a micr sd card support and how does it work? I saw some videos on YouTube that some guy played Half Life 2 on his dell venue 8 Pro...how's that even possible...I mean, storage wise..

could someone please help me sort out this memory issue..also, do you guys think it is wise to pick a 64gig?
i don't want to buy something and then realise its a mistake..it's going to be a gift from my wife to me and I want to be happy with it..

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have a 64gb Surface Pro. The SD works like a partition drive and can load programs to it. I have a 64gb sd card I use on my SP1 it works fine for running loaded programs. I also have a external hard drive I have loaded programs to. The Surface Pro can run programs off of it.

After the OS Windows 8.1 on my 64gb SP1 I am left with 50gb free. I don't have much loaded to that 64gb at this time I have 25gb free.

Does that answer your question?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply Dave...it does answer my question to an extent..I'm still a little perplexed as to how did the SAME OS shrink into that size...also, how much do we get Out of the Box in a 32 gig? Also, can I install softwares on the SD card straight? Like say...I want to play Half Life..can I install it on the SD card..? Also Dave, do u think 64gigs is better than 32? My usage is going to be pretty basic..books, surfing and browsing the net..that's about it..not a very big fan of watching movies and listening to music..thanks again!

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes