Do you also own an Android tablet?

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i own a tablet and i mostly use it when im bored to open the pc or when i want to play some games which are only on the android... But still i use my Windows Phone more than my tablet.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I have the Sammy Note 8 that I use a lot. It's the perfect size and I love the pen note taking ability. I had the Surface RT but it was not as "portable" as is the Note 8.

EDIT: Found a buyer for the Note 8 and bought the Dell Venue 8 Pro. Love it! none of the android quirks.
Microsoft has a Monday special for 12/9 at their instore sites. The Dell Venue 8 Pro for $99 for the first 10 and $199 for the next supply until they run out. Highly recommend that you call in sick and get one.

Last edited:

houkoholic

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Had a few Android tablets over the years - first was a Motorola Xoom, then a Galaxy Tab 7.7, then two Nexus 7 (old and new model, both had mobile radio). IMO only the Nexus 7s were worth the money and they were/are very good quick consumption devices due to things like size, weight, battery life etc due to the superiority of the ARM chips in those areas in the last few years. However now we have Baytrail I'm just waiting for the perfect Win8.1 Baytrail tablet and I'll be ready to dump my Nexus. All I need is a FHD 7~8 inch Baytrail tablet with built-in LTE radio and I'm set for one.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I had an new Android tablet (HP Slate 7) that someone gave me for about a month. Ended up giving it away as a birthday gift because I didn't use it.

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the original Samsung Tab (7 inch)
I had the Lenovo K1
I have also had the Samsung Note 2 (which I lost)
My current phone is the LG Optiumus G which is also Android

Android strength is its APPS. If it can be done in an app you're golden in Android.

I personally want to be able to bring up websites on the go. Android browsers, ANY of them, lack in this area.

I prefer my Windows RT because of IE 11 and having a much improved browser experience away from my desktop PC.

jlp34876

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
i own a nexus 7 2012 and a lumia 920.

But i rarely use my tablet only if my 920 is charging.

Right now i want the ipad mini 2.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
got a Nook HD+. $149 last christmas for a nice tablet, I figured why not. My son now uses that. My daughter uses the ipad (easy enough for a 2 year old). My wife has my Ativ 500, and I now have a lumia 2520. I still use my laptop, but not like I used to.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The original Nook Color was my first tablet and first Android device. I only got it to root it, which wasn't the easiest device to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering what is your use-case distribution and why. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have a NEXUS 7 (2013). I got it to enable me to be more familiar with Android. I had never used it before. The one app I use the most is the Sony reader. I had a credit left over on my account from the days I used an Sony hardware e reader.

I have decided Android just isn't for me though. As soon as the credit is done or Sony releases a reader app for Win 8/8.1 I am going to sell it. The screen is great, but a bit too small for my liking. I have picked up a Dell Venue 8 Pro and love it.

dang121

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Dell Venue 8 PRO and I highly recommended it. Got mine on the monday special from the MS store for $99.00. This things is very well made and the screen is fantastic. Love it.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I have owned and still own quite a few Android tablets...

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Student Edition.... (still own it)
I couldn't pass up the deal for a GTab, keyboard dock, and card reader for $250. It wasn't the fastest tablet around, but the functionality of the Tab with the keyboard dock was terrific. To be able to have a quality keyboard (and bluetooth mouse) was great. The keyboard dock had a 3.5mm headphone jack, so I attached speakers. This turned out to be a nice little micro-workstation.

Kindle Fire HD... (still own)
16GB 7" model. Rooted it, installed Google Play and Nova Launcher. I use it as a color ereader(comic book scans and vintage magazines and catalogs) and generic Android tablet. I use it when my iPad and Surface RT aren't easily accessible. Play some games on it. Has the best speakers of any tablet I've ever owned. Beautiful screen. The official smart cover is also the nicest tablet cover. The cover doubles back on itself to form a solid stand. Will occasionally watch videos on it.

Polaroid PMID701i (still own, about to give away)
I've owned this for a while. Picked it up at Big Lots for under $100. I wanted a tablet that had Ice Cream Sandwich so that I could tinker around with. Battery life to poor, screen quality too poor, and got surprisingly warm. But it was fun to tinker with.

Kindle Fire (no longer own)
I loved the skinned interface, the design of the hardware, and quality of the screen. Traded it in towards the Kindle Fire HD.

Nook Color (no longer own)
Bought it back before the Kindle Fires were released. For $150 and rooted, it was a terrific value.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes