So, can we save classic Windows games to an SD card?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Like the actual game data? I have Skyrim and I'd like to play it but this thing only has 8.9 gigs total free. I want to see if I can install the program data to a separate location... I know I'll need a fast micro SD, class ten or whatever but I just want to see if there's a way I can play this as a showoff game.

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're using Steam to install Skyrim, you can just go into the settings to choose where games install. It should work perfectly fine since it shouldn't be any different than running it from USB or an alternate drive.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Like the actual game data? I have Skyrim and I'd like to play it but this thing only has 8.9 gigs total free. I want to see if I can install the program data to a separate location... I know I'll need a fast micro SD, class ten or whatever but I just want to see if there's a way I can play this as a showoff game.

You can install from and to an SD card for most if not all x86 version games. In fact the only files that will install to C: drive if you select to install to SD are mainly .dll files.

Just know this will tie the SD card to your tablet. Then only after uninstall and a format will the SD card be able to move to another use.

Most installs will ask you where you wish to install to, unless you install through a service like Steam.

If you wished you could also install to a USB Thumb Drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon