Differentiation, surface rt, surface 2.

Elvis7

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Good day all,

I'm looking to buy a tablet, just a tablet, for use on the go or boredom where I cannot bring my laptop. So internet browsing,Netflix,apps, etc. No desktop needed.

I'm buying one used, but I really want to know how to tell the difference between the first Gen surface rt and the second Gen surface rt. With or without the box. Is it written somewhere on the tablet? In the model number on the back, on the box somewhere?

Thanks!

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
First gen has the windows logo on the back I think ( the one with the 4 squares) second gen should have surface written. Easier test, first gen is black second gen silver-ish. Third test, first gen kick stand only has one angle second gen it has two tilt angles.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First gen has the windows logo on the back I think ( the one with the 4 squares) second gen should have surface written. Easier test, first gen is black second gen silver-ish. Third test, first gen kick stand only has one angle second gen it has two tilt angles.

ioaniro nailed it pretty much.
2nd generation surfaces say Surface on the kickstand. 1st gen ones have the windows logo as he/she said.

Also a question, do dark grey Surface 2/Pro 2 exist?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon