Recommendations anyone?

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Looking for a good tablet,

Windows 8.1 pro something I can use for music and movies I need a good amount of storage and a hmdi output would be nice! Thanks for any advice!

Would you say a tablet could be a decent laptop replacement?

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Just did a search and Best Buy has the Microsoft - Surface Pro with 128GB for $599.00.

This is a pretty good deal.

Can an tablet be a good laptop replacement? Depends. A tablet is NOT a laptop. Laptops have dedicated keyboards and touch pads
and most have features like CD/DVD Rom drives and many have larger screens. You can also do things like upgrade the RAM
and hard drives much easier.

Now, you COULD replace a laptop with a tablet very easily if not having the dedicated keyboard, touch pad, media drives and media bays
don't bother you.

Only you know your needs.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Looking for a good tablet,

Windows 8.1 pro something I can use for music and movies I need a good amount of storage and a hmdi output would be nice! Thanks for any advice!

Would you say a tablet could be a decent laptop replacement?
As mentioned before, depends upon what you do. I would not rely on any tablet to be able to handle graphics editing, audio/video production/editing.

I've become frustrated by the continuing weakness of software offerings for WinRT. (other than that LOVE my Surface RT) So I've been looking at full Win 8.1 options. One that keeps coming to my attention is the Asus T100. 10.1" screen, full Win8.1, 64GB storage, microSD, microHDMI, microUSB, keyboard dock (turns it into a netbook). Keyboard includes a full USB 2.0 port. $379 at Walmart. I've watched nearly a dozen reviews and they all have been impressed with it as well as pointing out some of the shortcomings (that weren't deal-breaker issues for me).

I already have too many tablet so I'm really wrestling with getting yet another one.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, you want a great Win8.1 tablet (for the price)?

Asus Transformer Book T100. It cones with a keyboard dock, and it comes for less than $400!

The only problem is storage, but that can be remedied by the microSD card slot.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes