2015 Hard Drive

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
Is a brand new 2015 ok to purchase being 7 years old. This is a Western Digital enterprise version.

6fefdf44849e702becb3a73b467e343b.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You're totally fine with that drive. It's not like milk where it's not fresh after so many days - but a factory new drive is perfectly fine and being a couple years old like that has no affect on its physical performance. Go forth and enjoy! :)

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
Great. Appreciate the reply. I an thinking this is partly due to being a Western Digital brand and being designed for server use being a enterprise model.

By tbe way I looked at a recording on You Tube about a unbranded potable SSD.

The guy took the drive apart and found these three junky storage blocks.

This was on a so called 16 TB. The guy added a programme that was not very big. That took most up the storage space.

I plan on cloning the drive I have now and using the 4 TB drive as the C Drive. Either externally or internally.

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
Already purchased the hard drive. The seller has a 100% positive feedback. My computer has USB 3.0 ports which makes the transfer speed gooder. Supposed to be her in Saturday. Purchased a case to make the internal drive a external that is supposed to be here in Monday.

The seller wrote this is new old stock. Seems confusing.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The seller wrote this is new old stock. Seems confusing.

Nah… that term is used in all sorts of electronics. Audio, video, computers, etc… - just means it is an older model (not outdated, just replaced by some new year model) and factory sealed being sold as new and not refurbished. You’re totally fine with it and enjoy!

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
I read where Windows 10 will recognise a 4tb hard drive as a wtb drive unless the drive is let up as a GPT (GUID Partition drive.

I am planning on cloning my current wtb drive to the 4th drive then boot from that drive.

So i get the new 4th drive change the drive to GPT then next clone the wtb drive to the 4th.

Will the 4 t.b. be changed back to MBR.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon