Verizon users rejoice!!

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Definitely makes me happy as the 920 is currently my WP8 device of choice. I know I'd be happy with the 8X, but there's just something about the 920 that just screams "buy me!"

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
IF this is true...I may fork up the Early termination fee to get it. Why? Lets see:

I got on an ATT contract in April with the Lumia 900. 6 months later the badass lineup comes out...possibly on verizon. Depending on the ETF cost and then the contract cost I might actually pay the same for a non contract phone depending on the estimated cost. Hmmmmm, what do you guys think? Isn't the ETF about 350 or something?

I'm not saying I'd do this for sure, but if the numbers are right, then I don't mind being stuck with a Verizon contract for 2 years. they've always been ok with me in the past. Keep in mind, I was on verizon prior to buying that Lumia 900. I really wanted a good windows phone that verizon didn't provide.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No, it's both.

T-Mobile would be happy to carry the 920, no doubt, but the handset maker has to be willing to provide units (and at a competitive price).

If the 920 is available on both AT&T and Verizon, it should do a lot better than I was anticipating.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Never doubted that VZW wouldn't be getting the flagships.

Verizon's CEO was on record during one of the earning conference calls stating that "Verizon is going to do for WP8 what we did for Android."

Expect AT&T, T-Mobile, and VZW to do a lot of advertizing. And expect MS to do the same, as well as Nokia and HTC. Samsung probably will make a lesser push, but a push nonetheless.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
An 8X with unlimited HSPA+42 data, calls and texts for $70/month on T-Mobile is a pretty irresistible proposition and easy to advertise.

Verizon can push coverage and a nationwide LTE footprint.

AT&T can push speeds on their LTE (which is generally the fastest, in my experience).

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
If Verizon is getting all 3 top end phones then there is hope that T-Mobile will get all three too. I'm sure MS wants as much exposure as possible and it would be best achieved to by avoiding exclusive deals.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
@cp2-4eva: I am thinking that it really depends on how little you like AT&T.

A 350.00 early term, a 100.00-199.00 on contract phone with Big Red, and I think the last I looked Verizon was about 5$-10$ more each month for comparable service. Figuring 5$, that is like 100$ more for 20 months of service, figuring you have been on AT&T for 4 months with the 900 for 4 months (also makes the math easier). Split the difference on the contract price to 150.00, and you are at the 600.00$ an off contract device would cost on AT&T. So it is all on you. (Plus whatever you could get for the 900 on eBay or wherever you would choose to unload it.)

For the T-Mobile crowd, I would not at all be surprised to see you get 2 or 3 choices. We will just have to wait and see.

But this is top end news for both Verizon customers and WP 8!! Getting these on the largest US carrier is a huge win!! Not to mention AT&T's last major advantage is now gone. They always had WP, Android, several iPhone options, and BlackBerry devices to choose from. Verizon had so much less. Now, Verizon has them all.

LOVE choices.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
@cp2-4eva: I am thinking that it really depends on how little you like AT&T.

A 350.00 early term, a 100.00-199.00 on contract phone with Big Red, and I think the last I looked Verizon was about 5$-10$ more each month for comparable service. Figuring 5$, that is like 100$ more for 20 months of service, figuring you have been on AT&T for 4 months with the 900 for 4 months (also makes the math easier). Split the difference on the contract price to 150.00, and you are at the 600.00$ an off contract device would cost on AT&T. So it is all on you. (Plus whatever you could get for the 900 on eBay or wherever you would choose to unload it.)

For the T-Mobile crowd, I would not at all be surprised to see you get 2 or 3 choices. We will just have to wait and see.

But this is top end news for both Verizon customers and WP 8!! Getting these on the largest US carrier is a huge win!! Not to mention AT&T's last major advantage is now gone. They always had WP, Android, several iPhone options, and BlackBerry devices to choose from. Verizon had so much less. Now, Verizon has them all.

LOVE choices.

Honestly ATT isn't bad in my area, it's the road trips that start to get a little spacey. Like when my wife and I went to Williamsburg, VA. Our LTE reception or regular reception in general was kind of week in the boonies. But ATT hasn't been that bad, so I don't know. Probably should just ride out my contract and fork up the 500-600 on an off contract phone..for christmas or something lol. My birthday and christmas fall in the same month. I'm a grown man, so if I got one of these phones alone...I'd be happy

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
With you, cp2. One of the WP8 devices is going to be my Christmas present to myself as well. Our contract with AT&T isn't up until November of 2013, and we have a U-Verse contract until a little later, so we will not be bolting until 2014. A little long to tuff out 7.8 when there is so many extra reasons to roll. I am not loyal to AT&T, but I do not hate them enough to fight the ETF.

However, I love the fact Verizon is in the game now. Makes the future more fun to judge carriers as well as devices.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I startled my fellow co-workers after reading this, with a "**** YEAH!". Too funny.

Question: How accurate/reliable is Phone Arena with their news?

BigCTM

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I will believe it only when Verizon announces it. Until then I am skeptical but hopeful. Lumia 920 would be my choice for sure.

EggoEspada

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I thought Verizon was only getting the 820 or a variant of it? If they are getting the 920, then I'm certainly all over that. Great to see all three flagships on Verizon though.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
This is good news even for people not on Verizon. It means that the 920 is not an AT&T exclusive, which means Nokia will be willing to make the phone available to other carriers who make the commitment.

The Nokia Lumia name has more name recognition than Windows Phone itself, so having the Lumia 920 on most carriers is good for everyone. Everyday consumers may walk in to look at it and decide they like the more compact-and-lightweight 8X more...but without it there, they may not even think to look at Windows Phone.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh thank God. Those poor Verizon customer had to deal with the Trophy only.

I'm very happy about this news, looks like carriers are taking notice of WP8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes