Cyan is back! Its offical | AT&T will have 920 820

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hahahaha AT&T exclusive? Oooh I better start making that embarrasing Sig so Big Supes, I might win the bet.

But yeah, wasn't verizon looking to get all three big Windows Phones?

You better hope it's not just a limited exclusivity period!

Nokia outsold everyone else in WP with just being on AT&T and T-Mo. And that's with full exclusivity.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is getting it pretty good on their facebook page. They even posted the following reply:

Nokia US Hi everyone and thanks for being so active on our page! North America is a key market for Nokia and we?re really excited by AT&T?s announcement. Right now we?re not talking about other possible announcements by other carriers. When we have new info to share, our fans here on Facebook will be among the first to know

Now this isn't to say that Nokia will/won't be on other carriers. But I do think that they are finding out people aren't happy about exclusive. So if there is a chance they are on other carriers, I think they will say something before launch. Why take the risk of people walking when you know there will be options?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? Verizon's CDMA network is by far the best network in the United States. Nothing comes close to their 3G coverage. Obviously not as many options globally as GSM there are still plenty of CDMA countries out there.

Countries Where Any Verizon Wireless Phone Will Work

Canada should be stricken from that list. Bell was the CDMA carrier, but they switched about a year ago to GSM. Same bands as ATT.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Didn't HTC said they sold the most Windows Phone out of every manufacturer? Why would they lie.

HTC is including their Windows Mobile devices, (which date prior to the iPhone) as well as the 7 or so pre-Nodo devices they released before the Lumia line came out. If you don't count Windows Mobile Nokia handed their asses in just 7 months.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
So launch Windows Phone devices now don't count? I guess the two Optimus 7 that I own don't exist.

And even if Nokia ROFLSTOMP every other manufacturer on the US with just the Lumia 900 on AT&T ( an extreme example), that doesn't mean much when they are competing with the Iphone 5 and Galaxy S3. Which had sold milions of copies and all avaiable in all big name carriers now.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Exclusivity deals are attractive for handset makers such as Nokia because they essentially guarantee a large marketing push from the carrier.

source

I read this quote and my first question is: Why are handsets makers relying upon carriers to advertise their products. Why can't they advertise their own product. Apple doesn't rely upon carriers to advertise for them. If I remember back in 2007 Apple created and funded their own ad campaigns. Can you imagine what it would look like if AT&T created an iPhone ad?

Does this only work for cash strapped companies

Remember early this year when AT&T / Nokia promised the biggest launch ever...including the iPhone
AT&T promises biggest launch ever for Lumia 900

So AT&T will have the iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, the new HTC One X, LG quad-core Optimus, Sony's James Bond Xperia TL and Nokia is supposed to somehow overcome this? I'm doubtful.

Take Q2 this year. AT&T sold 5.1million smartphones, 71% of those sales were to iPhones so all of the other smartphones were fighting for scraps in Q2 and whats supposed to really change with the all-new-cool-hipster iPhone 5?

Am I the only person who thinks there is something unrealistic about Nokia's expectations?

Last edited:

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
HTC indeed has a larger share of the US WP market, to date, than Nokia. If they're the high end exclusive phone on Verizon and T-Mobile, as well as a competitive option on AT&T, there's no reason they cannot continue that winning streak.

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought this thread was about the CYAN color being confirmed? How'd we get so deep in this carrier exclusivity hole?

In regards to the confirmed availability of the Cyan color for the 920, being a Cyan 900 owner, I had already started deciding between the red and yellow. I love/loved the cyan color, but Im sort of ready for a change. The flat finish on it was gorgeous, but it quickly began to absorb oil from my fingers and now has this glossed look.

Sent from my Radar 4G using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon