Does Lumia 900 really require a screenguard

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Having said that Lumia 900 possess Gorilla glass 2 which is scratch proof, good enough to absorbe some amount of damage, does it really require a screen guard?

I love my white glossy screen guard, despite having a solid body and glass I treat my hadset with extra care. So, do i really need a screenguard?

Since Lumia 900 screen is so smooth with feather touch, so my concern is, will implementing a screen guard would affect its feather touch feature? Do I have to touch it bit hard after applying a screenguard?

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Personally using a matte finish screenguard as fingerprints are an issue for me. And the touchscreen isn't affected. If it is, I didn't notice it.

Your mileage will differ, as you care for your handset and fingerprints doesn't seem like an issue.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Personally using a matte finish screenguard as fingerprints are an issue for me. And the touchscreen isn't affected. If it is, I didn't notice it.

Your mileage will differ, as you care for your handset and fingerprints doesn't seem like an issue.

I will prefer a glossy screenguard. I think fingerprints is something totally unavoidable. But fingerprints doesn't damage the screen. If a glossy screen guard doesn't affect the touch screen perfomance I can go for it.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you do with your phones after you get them. If you keep your phones for the life of the contract and don't sell them to use that money for a new phone then a screen protector is optional - depends on how much abuse/use you have with the phone.

If you ever plan on selling / trading your phone it needs to be kept in an Otterbox and handled like a piece of fine art. :D

But if you find the right buyer even a little bit of damage can be forgiven.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I usually buy 2-3 smartphones a year and haven't used screenguard in 4 years.
I sell some of my phones, some i keep.

Actually i never even use any kind of protection to my phone. They are still items i use everyday and it just feels silly to me buy some plastic cases to put them in.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My screen is naked, but I did get a light case that slightly sticks up on the edges. With that case on, I can confidently set the phone face down and know that it's not resting on the screen.

Other than that, I just make sure to have keys in the opposite pocket as the phone.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Other than that, I just make sure to have keys in the opposite pocket as the phone.

Well, you don't want sand in your pockets either since that seemed to do more harm than extended contact with keys. I think the camera bezel is the weakest part of the Lumia 900 and it is a shame that one of the more striking features of the phone can't be displayed without risk.

I still have the plastic over the bezel. Eventually it will come off but I'd like to keep the scratches to a minimum.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I will prefer a glossy screenguard. I think fingerprints is something totally unavoidable. But fingerprints doesn't damage the screen. If a glossy screen guard doesn't affect the touch screen perfomance I can go for it.

Just a pet peeve of mine. I sweat a lot and I don't want my screen looking like it went through an oil spill. Like how my MIC droid tablet is now (no suitable screenguard as yet)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, you don't want sand in your pockets either since that seemed to do more harm than extended contact with keys. I think the camera bezel is the weakest part of the Lumia 900 and it is a shame that one of the more striking features of the phone can't be displayed without risk.

I still have the plastic over the bezel. Eventually it will come off but I'd like to keep the scratches to a minimum.

I am too much protective about my lumia 900, always keep special protection to it. If it is in my pocket I make sure no other hard object like keys or coin is there in that pocket. Despite all this I have start noticing very few lines on the shining portion of the camera. It is really the weakest portion of Lumia 900. Although it doesn't looks like scratches but thin lines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes