Switching platforms? | Thinking of leaving?...comment here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
My Windows Phone just got an update to the Mail app which removed focused inbox, and seems to have reset my spam filtering as all mail shows in mailbox again (including spam). Now to get an Android device that will get regular security updates and its expensive.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Seeing every day the message advice of ending support in WhatsApp, I have to think in the hard process of switching to Android on January (if Andromeda doesn't come).

I have in my mind a Nokia 9 with all Microsoft apps and themes. How the "launchers" work? Can they simulate the Windows Mobile experience? Can I use Cortana as my assistnat despite Google's?

Thank you.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Seeing every day the message advice of ending support in WhatsApp, I have to think in the hard process of switching to Android on January (if Andromeda doesn't come).

I have in my mind a Nokia 9 with all Microsoft apps and themes. How the "launchers" work? Can they simulate the Windows Mobile experience? Can I use Cortana as my assistnat despite Google's?

Thank you.
Yes, a launcher can make an Android phone look just like a Windows Phone. I use the paid version of Launcher 10 and it even has live tiles for some apps - Outlook calendar and email, contacts, photos, etc.

And yes, you can use Cortana in place of Hey Google, but she's not as functional as she is on Windows Phone.

Here's what my start screen looks like with Launcher 10.
e294a94f05064c95035e976454c87bba.jpg

And if you use Textra in place of the default messaging app, you can make it look just like the messaging on WP.

9fd589124cd3e35f77933727114d3c6d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon