ProShot camera app.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
WOW, that was totally weird. I had been shooting shots using the hardware camera button. Since I was trying anything to debug this problem, I decided to shoot a picture using the on screen button. Then I noticed the Pictures icon in the upper left corner was replaced with the moving circle icon. When the Pictures icon reappeared, I went to the Photos app and all my missing shots from the previous days started showing up in the Camera Roll folder where it should have been earlier. Now I can shoot with either the hardware or screen button and my images are showing up without issues. That was pretty strange. Just reporting in for filing in the WTF department.

valy2v

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else feel like the application went very Bad today? Saved very hard, slow focus. 950xl, .221, no sd card.

Sent from mTalk

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey RiseUpGames,

Just reporting a problem with ProShot on my 950XL AT&T DS non-insider. Seems like ProShot will not show shots just taken under some circumstance which I haven't figured out. If I swipe right in ProShot I see it, but if I go to Photos app, they're not there. Pictures taken with default Camera app show up fine in Photos. When I reboot the phone, then the shots show up. If I shoot some pictures after rebooting, shots show up fine (in Photos app). Then, maybe a couple of days later, it will stop showing shots again. See Post #2240 and 2241 where I first noticed this. OS is version 1607, build is 321. Help!

ProShot user since Lumia 920! Thanks for your support of Windows Phone!

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Just reporting a problem with ProShot on my 950XL AT&T DS non-insider. Seems like ProShot will not show shots just taken under some circumstance which I haven't figured out. If I swipe right in ProShot I see it, but if I go to Photos app, they're not there. Pictures taken with default Camera app show up fine in Photos. When I reboot the phone, then the shots show up. If I shoot some pictures after rebooting, shots show up fine (in Photos app). Then, maybe a couple of days later, it will stop showing shots again. See Post #2240 and 2241 where I first noticed this. OS is version 1607, build is 321. Help!

Same here since last update,535DS.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
najgori, thanks for the tip. I shoulda thought of that :smile: I reinstalled last night and the first shot I shot today was stuck in nowhere land. I rebooted and the picture showed up along with 2 others shot before the reinstall. I'll keep watching this but first glance seems like problem is still there.

riseupgames, if it's any help, apps are saved to phone, but photos are saved to SD card. Also, just shooting plain old single shot auto mode

thanks all!

Last edited:

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
If this has been answered, I may have over looked in this large thread but; can ProShot mimic different types of lens equivalent that would be added to a DSLR ?

Fenoy

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just purchased ProShot V1.2.1 and while it copies the images onto the camera roll folder in the SD card it does not upload the photos to OneDrive as MS basic camera app does. Not sure how other feel but this is a critical feature for me. Taking up space on the limited (32GB) internal memory with photos is a show stopped for me.

Ignore - as the images do seem to be uploading to OneDrive but just much slower that the basic camera app. Just takes a while.

Last edited:

PauloP

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I have some questions:

Is it possible to have more steps on the manual exposure menus? I mean, sometimes the one-stop gaps between each setting are just awful. For instance, it would be nice to have additional steps in between ISO 400 and 800. Having 1 stop gaps don't help when we really need to have fine tuning of our results. Specially when we have the video mode on mind, which is rather limited on the default camera app.

The same goes for the shutter speed values.

We are losing all the real benefits of manual controls here. Is it a limitation of the Windows OS?

A good addition would also be the ability to lock the exposure, because sometimes adjusting the EV yields much better results than selecting exposure parameters manually based on this rather awkward one-stop steps. But if we can't lock the exposure, it can become a real mess in certain situations.

Another concern is the high temperature that my Lumia 950 reaches when I'm using the Pro Shot app versus the built in camera app. It gets really hot even when I set the device to the energy saving mode.

Finally, the app seems to have an issue with screen orientation lock and the orientation of the resulting video.

Anyway, I hope the developer can see this, once he doesn't answer support e-mails anymore (sends us to the rather 'pale' F.A.Q. section on its website - what an annoyance!).

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Does the Pro Shot app enable live view mode for changes in ISO and shutter speed or when you change the settings the screen does not reflect the changes? I still play with my Lumia 1020 but I hate having to guess how the changes will affect the shot until after the picture is taken. That's so old now.

chenryhen

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
How did I miss this thread before? Just moved to the ProShot app, and I'm so glad I did. The autocorrection from the Windows camera app was killing me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes