Your go to music app?

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Is mixtapes similar to flat beats? I used to use stereomood often on my laptop, like the idea of a mood playlist, my brother suggested songza which is similar to stereomood however neither are available for wp platform. Listen seems pretty interesting.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Is mixtapes similar to flat beats? I used to use stereomood often on my laptop, like the idea of a mood playlist, my brother suggested songza which is similar to stereomood however neither are available for wp platform. Listen seems pretty interesting.

There is a Songza app on WP8. Called Songza Unofficial.

My go-to music app(s) if Xbox Music fails me would be Beem Plus, and if that doesn't work, Slacker Radio.

MasturBlastur

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that will let you create playlists with your own music from your phone? That's what I've been looking for. I hate the interface of Xbox Music on the PC, and wish I could make my playlists via the Zune desktop software or an app on the phone.

This x1000. I have had the Lumia 920 for 3 days now and this driving me up the wall. It is a basic and common feature, even among the oldest of MP3 players. Serious over site when the stock apps were being developed. I listed to 8+ hours of music a day, and am currently tempted to just carry around the phone I just replaced for purely easy access to music playlists and creation.

What is even more surprising is that out of all of the app dev's out there, not one has thought to tackle this issue. It is a pretty common complaint from what I am seeing, and the lack of ability to just long press a song and choose "Add to Playlist" is mind blowing. Seriously. Simple feature.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This x1000. I have had the Lumia 920 for 3 days now and this driving me up the wall. It is a basic and common feature, even among the oldest of MP3 players. Serious over site when the stock apps were being developed. I listed to 8+ hours of music a day, and am currently tempted to just carry around the phone I just replaced for purely easy access to music playlists and creation.

What is even more surprising is that out of all of the app dev's out there, not one has thought to tackle this issue. It is a pretty common complaint from what I am seeing, and the lack of ability to just long press a song and choose "Add to Playlist" is mind blowing. Seriously. Simple feature.

You know, I'm not sure if you can do it, but you MIGHT be able to add a playlist to the phone, then have that feature. I know that the ability to "add to now playing" shows up, at least I think it does. That, or it might be that you can create a now playing of songs you like, then it might allow it to be saved as a playlist.

Regardless, it's not TOO bad if you have to create playlists on the PC once, then add them. I just think it'd be nice to be able to do it from the device (IDK that you ever could from the Zune devices, I'll maybe check my Zune HD later). I often will be listening to something and think that I should make a playlist of it, but then I forget by the time I get to my computer.

mindfrost82

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Are you able to do this in the WP app? I was a Plus subscriber and its worked great. I just upgraded to Premium but I don't see a way to play any playlists from the phone.

MasturBlastur

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
You know, I'm not sure if you can do it, but you MIGHT be able to add a playlist to the phone, then have that feature. I know that the ability to "add to now playing" shows up, at least I think it does. That, or it might be that you can create a now playing of songs you like, then it might allow it to be saved as a playlist.

Regardless, it's not TOO bad if you have to create playlists on the PC once, then add them. I just think it'd be nice to be able to do it from the device (IDK that you ever could from the Zune devices, I'll maybe check my Zune HD later). I often will be listening to something and think that I should make a playlist of it, but then I forget by the time I get to my computer.

I found the following work around that worked for my initial setup. Still can't edit or add on the fly directly from the device. This method works pretty well I suppose.

"This is the easiest way to make a playlist.

Make a playlist on your phone. Start an album or song playing. below the album art tap the song name. On this page tap the save icon on bottom and give your playlist a name. Stop the player

Connect the phone via USB to the PC.

With windows explorer open the music, playlist folder.

Right click the playlist file, select properties, resources tab.

You can now, add to the playlist from songs on your phone using drag and drop into the resources tab window.

From the recources tab window you can also delete songs from the playlist and set the play order."

FuzzyLogician

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of an app that will let you create playlists with your own music from your phone? That's what I've been looking for. I hate the interface of Xbox Music on the PC, and wish I could make my playlists via the Zune desktop software or an app on the phone.

You could just create your playlists in Zune (probably not auto playlists) and then use something like this ZplToWpl - Home to convert to wpl. WP8 will recognize wpl no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes