Pixelated Twitter Logo Replacing Images on Weave & Collector

JDCh

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, this is my first time on WPCentral, so please pardon me if I've posted this in the wrong section. This has been happening for awhile already, I don't remember for how long, but whenever I use RSS feed apps like Weave I occasionally get this pixelated blurry twitter logo image as the headline image. Thinking this is a "weave" only thing, I promptly stopped using the app and downloaded Collector instead... and it happened again!

The worst part is that this doesn't seem to be hardware specific. I have both a Nokia Lumia 710 and a HTC 8x. Both with the SAME blurry pixelated twitter logo in place of headline images on Weave. This also ONLY happens to RSS feed apps. I have absolutely no idea why this happens and have yet to find a solid pattern. It tends to happen more often down the page listing in Weave (page 1 of 7 not so bad, 3 of 7 pretty bad, 5 of 7 really bad - see pics) but that's about all I can gather. Google doesn't seem to help this time either.

I've attached two screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about. If anyone has any clue why this is happening, I would appreciate it if you'd let me know. Thanks!

wp_ss_20130425_0002.jpg wp_ss_20130425_0001.jpg

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem for the past few weeks. Only seems to happen on certain feeds. The images load up properly in the article. Annoying as it makes the app and live tile ugly. I emailed Weave about it but got no response.

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you for making us aware of the issue! Most likely the affected feeds are using the same syndication engine and presenting a Twitter logo as an available image. We will have a fix soon to remove said Twitter logos from consideration when figuring out which image thumbnail to display in the article list.

We apologize for the lack of response AI_2. We usually are much faster responding via our Twitter account than via email, please don't hesitate to tweet us in the future should you have any questions or problems!

Thank you for your support,

Seles Games

JDCh

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply AI_2 and SelesGames! Glad to know there's a fix coming along the way and I'm not the only one with this issue.

SelesGames

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply AI_2 and SelesGames! Glad to know there's a fix coming along the way and I'm not the only one with this issue.

Hi!

We posted a fix to the server to filter out these grainy Twitter pics (that was affecting any Feedburner feed, which a lot of sites use). So all NEW articles posted after 4:40pm PST should no longer be affected by this.

Thanks again for the heads-up, and for your patience while we fixed this issue!

-Seles Games

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenneatler