YouTube app caching issue?

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I loveeee the look and feel of the Microsoft YouTube app (the one before it got pulled down) and I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue, which is: the YouTube app is not clearing its memory whenever a video is watched... I saw my memory go from 2.09GB to 1.91 in a matter of minutes and I know its because of this app because I did nothing else but YouTube lool. I guess it's back to MetroTube for now but what is going on? What is the solution? :/

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I saw my memory go from 2.09GB to 1.91 < Technically your memory is reducing not increasing, or you posted the wrong way?
What I do when I see an app eats up my space is I reinstall it.
Also clear your internet cache, install shrink storage and follow on screen instructions :).
Pin the marketplace tile on home so you know of any latest updates.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
... but can you reinstall MS Youtube app any longer ? :)

Wow its gone!
There are other good alternatives though, like 'Youtube Downloader' (Something like that), not only it plays youtube videos you can also dl videos into your phone memory :). Another one is 'get them all'

cliveontoast

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone download the XAP installer for the youtube app before it was pulled? Is it possible to install it from the SD card even though the app is no longer in the store?

cliveontoast

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I saw my memory go from 2.09GB to 1.91 in a matter of minutes

I had the same problem. I saw my 'other' jump from 887mb to 1.2gb after watching a video. When I uninstalled the application the other storage didn't go down. Now I've just lost 300mb of from the 8gb total.. it's a joke that you can't delete this stuff.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw my memory go from 2.09GB to 1.91 < Technically your memory is reducing not increasing, or you posted the wrong way?
What I do when I see an app eats up my space is I reinstall it.
Also clear your internet cache, install shrink storage and follow on screen instructions :).
Pin the marketplace tile on home so you know of any latest updates.

I don't think I mentioned anything about increasing or decreasing? But from my numbers yes, it is obvious I meant decreasing and yeah, sadly you cannot uninstall and reinstall anyways. And this happened to me before and I thought I was hallucinating because I did what you already told me to do (reinstall) and it didn't disappear so I was confused lol

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. I saw my 'other' jump from 887mb to 1.2gb after watching a video. When I uninstalled the application the other storage didn't go down. Now I've just lost 300mb of from the 8gb total.. it's a joke that you can't delete this stuff.

yeah my 8GB HTC storage disappeared SOOO fast because of this YouTube app, then I had to reset my phone and now I have 1.91 GB again lool. Yay. If you're gonna hard reset, try to back up all your stiff (I.e. Press back up texts included) and wait a day or 2, then do it cuz I did it right away (when I had it off the whole time) and it was hell to get everything back... Nothing came back perfectly except my contacts (after an hour -_-). Had to reinstall every app lol. Iunno if its a marketplace issue or something but yeh :/ and it said I needed data to log into my ms account when I first started -_- I was pretty sure they used to use WiFi before cuz I never had data but iunno

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
yeah my 8GB HTC storage disappeared SOOO fast because of this YouTube app, then I had to reset my phone and now I have 1.91 GB again lool. Yay. If you're gonna hard reset, try to back up all your stiff (I.e. Press back up texts included) and wait a day or 2, then do it cuz I did it right away (when I had it off the whole time) and it was hell to get everything back... Nothing came back perfectly except my contacts (after an hour -_-). Had to reinstall every app lol. Iunno if its a marketplace issue or something but yeh :/ and it said I needed data to log into my ms account when I first started -_- I was pretty sure they used to use WiFi before cuz I never had data but iunno

Soft or Hard?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3