O2 Wifi app possibly coming to windows phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Now take this with several pinches of salt, just had this web chat with a O2 Guru from the tech dept, I've been with O2 for a number of years and the tech department I found to be very knowledgeable.. I didn't notice the last response before I ended the chat, Sorry Todd!.

"info: Welcome to O2. A Guru will be with you soon.
info: You're through to Guru Guru : Todd.
Guru : Todd: Hi I'm Guru : Todd. How can I help?
Me: Hello Todd, just a quick question I since the O2wifi app has been launched for android and iphone, do you know if there is a windows phone app in the pipeline?
Guru : Todd: Yes.
Guru : Todd: it is in the pipeline.
Me: thank you, do you know when it may be released?
Guru : Todd: But we do not have any update on when it will be released.
Me: any rough idea i.e this year, next year?
Guru : Todd: As soon as it is released we will let all customer's know about it by updating it in our web-site.
Guru : Todd: And let our customer's know about it by texting them.
Me: Okay thank you, last question I presume there will be download limit to 4g contracts will that be the same as current contracts i.e max will be 2gb?
Guru : Todd: Sorry, we did not get any update on the download limit as yet.
Me: thats not a problem, thank you for time and have a good evening.
Guru : Todd: You're welcome.
info: We'll email a copy of your chat transcript to [Email Removed]
Guru : Todd: Give me a moment, I'll help you with the link containing all the updates about 4G."

Personally I think its a given since you do have BT app which was supposed to allow O2 customers use their hotspots but i never ever got it to work and BT support.. well lets just say I found to be very very woeful (and that is being polite) on not just one occasion but on all instances where I had to deal with them. Hence even if they were the only one supporting Fibre in my area (which should be since i'm 5 minutes away from the bloody exchange lol) I would not go back to them.

Anyway what do you guys think?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There was a thread started Friday about the O2 app from the developer himself asking for O2 customers to sign up for the beta. Cant link it as im on mobile but have a look for it
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon