Order and Chaos MMORPG!!!

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
its freaking awesome but it burns my my hand off after 30 minutes of play. To bad because i would buy it otherwise :( stupid overheating phone

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This game eats battery faster than you can charge. Anyone else having the same issue?

This is happening to me as well. I'm loving the game tho, incredible how well the multiplayer is working and yes it is a wow clone. But Blizzard isn't going to make one so I'll gladly settle for this. I played wow for a good while and it really is an achievement how close gameloft got that experience on WP.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. I'm loving the game tho, incredible how well the multiplayer is working and yes it is a wow clone. But Blizzard isn't going to make one so I'll gladly settle for this. I played wow for a good while and it really is an achievement how close gameloft got that experience on WP.

Yes, I played while for around a month. It's amazing how good this game is compares to WoW. Best thing is, you don't pay monthly subscription fee to play this game like you do on WoW.

Last edited:

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just can't figure out how to fix this battery drain issue. Don't know if it's something they can fix or if the game is so graphically intensive... It sucks power faster than it can charge.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You can't fix it. The game uses too many resources. It's the result of a powerful game, plain and simple. You get it with all of the GameLoft games, really (except Shark Dash). The only way it could be improved is if GameLoft did some serious work on optimizing the game.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have almost all of gamelofts games and a lot of xbl and indie games, nothing has drained faster than I can charge on the 920s 2.1 amp output brick. Hopefully gameloft can do something, I don't want to have to worry about battery but if it means lowering the graphics then I can deal with the battery issue.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't really understand why graphically intensive games don't have settings like PC games have featured for decades. In the brief time I played Order and Chaos I experienced some input lag in addition to framerate issues. One of the most persist being not being able to turn while running.

Otherwise while I thought Gameloft did a reasonably good job, I wasn't really impressed. The experience felt far too tedious, especially on mobile. There was nothing inventive about the game to make it distinct. I've tried a handful of MMOs over the years and each one had a unique personality, it felt like I was discovering something new. This one was World of Warcraft in a generic package. I will admit that I've long since been burned out on MMOs.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't really understand why graphically intensive games don't have settings like PC games have featured for decades. In the brief time I played Order and Chaos I experienced some input lag in addition to framerate issues. One of the most persist being not being able to turn while running.

Otherwise while I thought Gameloft did a reasonably good job, I wasn't really impressed. The experience felt far too tedious, especially on mobile. There was nothing inventive about the game to make it distinct. I've tried a handful of MMOs over the years and each one had a unique personality, it felt like I was discovering something new. This one was World of Warcraft in a generic package. I will admit that I've long since been burned out on MMOs.

In fairness, look at GameLoft's lineup. They're essentially nothing but a copycat company. Modern Combat is a blatant Call of Duty clone. N.O.V.A. is a Halo clone. Order & Chaos is a World of Warcraft clone. Shark Dash is an Angry Birds clone. Asphalt 7 is a fairly generic racer. They thrive on the rehashing of popular titles.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Another thing to keep in mind, look at all the failed MMORPG's after wow. Why would a company try to differentiate themselves from a game that has dominated that market for 9 or so years. SWTOR is failing, guild wars is nothing, think of how much of a failure they would he to make a not fun MMORPG on wp8 when we are currently trying to get gaming like this going on wp8. Stick with someone tried and true and still dominating, might suck for us but it will make them money for sure and that's what it's all about. Blizzard was never going to make one so I'm glad gameloft did, copy or not.

But how could you not be impressed by this game? Forget the controls and slight framerate hiccups. For the graphics, online multiplayer, open world and content... Wow this has never ever been done on WP yet so aside from a few minor issues, blown away by this. Keep in mind there are games with a lot worse controls and are actually terrible games, controls might stutter somewhat in this game but the amazingness of the game trumps any minor issue.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You just answered it. How can I not be impressed by this game? The controls are somewhat cumbersome, making gameplay sub-par. It's too hard to move and fight as a ranger, especially when framerate hiccups occur. I played WoW for a long time (2008-2013, with breaks every 2-4 months), and I was a Hunter the whole time. I am used to a style of play that requires good mobility and an ability to kite (for those who don't know, kiting it basically running an enemy around so you can hit him, but he can't hit you). Order & Chaos really makes mobility in fighting a pain. They essentially combined the Rogue and Hunter classes of WoW, and I don't like it. In most games I've played, be they MMOs or shooters (or, in the case of Defiance, both), I've preferred the ranged style of play. I like shooting people from a distance on Halo and Call of Duty. I loved being a Hunter on WoW, and having to watch myself and move to avoid things.

Order & Chaos does not reasonably offer this play style. The Ranger is too competent in melee range to promote the movement-based play of a Hunter in WoW. The left stick is too prone to missing your input to make movement consistent, and the framerate prevents fluid movement. Having to swipe to keep the camera facing the right way makes moving and seeing your target a bit tough as well. As a Hunter, I was used to things like strafe-running and shooting, or jump-shooting while kiting. These are experiences that the style of play and the method of input prevents. It's what makes Order & Chaos fail as a WoW clone, and it's not the game's fault. Touch just doesn't work for an in-depth MMO, and I don't enjoy the shallow style of this as much.

All of that said, it's not like I am calling the game bad. I am just saying that I cannot enjoy the game with touch input. I need a controller to have fun with it. If I am going to pay $7 for a WoW clone, I'd like my style of play in WoW to translate, but it doesn't. That, and given the nature of mobile gaming (where you tend to play for short bursts of time, rather than the hours of time spent on a FPS or MMO in a row), it's tougher to commit to learning the ins and outs of Order & Chaos when I only care to paly for 15 minutes at a time, if even that.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
To not be impressed by an extremely impressive game is beyond me. I'm not saying it's the best game to ever come out but impressive to say the least. I feel like you're neglecting the accomplishments this game gas achieved with multiplayer, graphics, game play and content. Just because you can't kite like you can on PC with a keyboard and mouse shouldn't drop this game below impressive for you. Forget the controls for a minute and look at the fact that WP8 doesn't have many multiplayer games which don't even have good multiplayer as it is... And then we get this real time multiplayer MMO with chat and a whole social network and they nailed that. Very impressive in deed. I think you're being a little too critical, hopefully they will update and support the game regularly possibly making the controls better for you but to me I didn't even have enough problems with controls to say it's a problem.

misfitpierce

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I have to wait to play until I get my Nokia Lumia 925 on Tmobile as the 810 only came with 8gb and I only have 2GB free which I don't think is enough after game updates and all. I played on android awhile ago when i had a Galaxy and it ate battery faster than charge as well but when battery was at 0% it would still keep phone on using wall charger but if you unplugged you'd be SOL. It just came out for Windows Phone tho so hopefully within 2 weeks when I get my 925 they throw some updates through to optimize it just a bit.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
To not be impressed by an extremely impressive game is beyond me. I'm not saying it's the best game to ever come out but impressive to say the least. I feel like you're neglecting the accomplishments this game gas achieved with multiplayer, graphics, game play and content. Just because you can't kite like you can on PC with a keyboard and mouse shouldn't drop this game below impressive for you. Forget the controls for a minute and look at the fact that WP8 doesn't have many multiplayer games which don't even have good multiplayer as it is... And then we get this real time multiplayer MMO with chat and a whole social network and they nailed that. Very impressive in deed. I think you're being a little too critical, hopefully they will update and support the game regularly possibly making the controls better for you but to me I didn't even have enough problems with controls to say it's a problem.

Hey, I'd say to be extremely impressed by a game that is undoubtedly a rip-off of WoW (meaning the concept side of things was basically done for them) is a stretch. Again, I'm not impressed because GameLoft just took another company's ideas and ported them to mobile. Yes, it's nice that they offered the multiplayer and all, but Asphalt 7 has that, and don't the GameLoft shooters have it as well? My point being, while we don't se online multiplayer OFTEN, it does occur. Yes, an MMO setup is another beast.

I'm not neglecting the accomplishments. I'm simply seeing them for what they are. The gameplay is sub-par AT BEST, given how poorly the controls work. The graphics aren't great, no MMO is really known for that aspect, though. Again, getting an MMO setup is great and all, but multiplayer's not a new concept on Windows Phone. Content, I don't evne know the lengths to which it exists, as I can't say I want to spend $7 on the game because of how clunky it is. And yes, the fact that the game straight-up tried to clone WoW should 100% put me in position to knock it for lacking key elements to WoW's classes.

Basically, I think you are giving WAY too much credit. You're basically saying "we don't have another MMO, so it's great," and I'm too critical for simply disagreeing. When my hand is in the way of what I am doing on most occasions, the controls are a problem. But again, the kiting thing is a BIG deal. It's the basic identity of the Hunter play style (beyond having pets) in WoW. That they essentially turned Hunters into the same thing as a melee class, except we used a ranged ability to open, makes me question what REALLY makes the class a Ranger at all. Probably 70% or more of the combat I engaged in during the game was melee, and I'm a Ranger? I disagree.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
...given the nature of mobile gaming (where you tend to play for short bursts of time, rather than the hours of time spent on a FPS or MMO in a row), it's tougher to commit to learning the ins and outs of Order & Chaos when I only care to play for 15 minutes at a time, if even that.

Do other folks share this experience? I used to love RPG games on Nintendo and Sega when I was a kid and had all the time in the world. Then in college I might have had some large chunks of time during holiday breaks when I could digest a COD or Halo console game, but I never got into PC gaming or MMOs. Now I find the idea of a mobile RPG interesting insofar as I have lots of small windows every day that I would be able to pop into a game. But can this game actually be enjoyed in this fashion?

Realistically, how much time would I need to set aside initially to go through the beginner guides, set up a character and class, learn the game mechanics and complete a few quests? Are we talking about 30 minutes, 60 minutes, two hours? I could at least block time on the calendar for that, but afterwards would I be able to accomplish anything in 15 minute chunks? Would it matter if I didn't play for days at a time?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The mechanics aren't hard to learn, the controls are just a pain. I'm not sure how many different ways you can customize a character in this game, nor do I know if the varied specs really affect you too much. With world of Warcraft, you used to be able to spec in probably hundreds of different ways, with online guides to explain stats and optimal specs. It could take days or weeks to learn the ins and outs to a decent level (and mastering it could take years, really). I'd bet you would have to spend a few hours to REALLY understand this game thoroughly, but I would imagine 30-60 minutes of reading could give you enough information to survive.

Lawrence Crecy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I played this game for 3 hours hooked to my charger and my phone just ran out of battery and shut down without a warning.. My charger was cold and wasn't even charging even though it said it was. It didn't start warming up until my phone rebooted, wtf?

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok I played this game for 3 hours hooked to my charger and my phone just ran out of battery and shut down without a warning.. My charger was cold and wasn't even charging even though it said it was. It didn't start warming up until my phone rebooted, wtf?
lol same here. It doesn't warn you of low battery before a reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes