Microsoft Launcher update causes chaos and frustration for some users

pwgc

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me on two S22s. No option but to reinstall. Also, there is no auto back up on Laucher and I found that I hadn't backed up manually for a year, so recovering the backup didn't fix without further work. Real pain.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
MY SD2 had the error yesterday afternoon. The system update did not happen until this morning.

My wife's Motorola phone had Microsoft Launcher error out this morning. At least on her phone, Launcher can be backed up and she had one from about 6 months ago.

Does anyone know how to create a backup on a Surface Duo 2?

lmoritz

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not the June update causing the problem. Mine crashed this morning. I'm installing the June update right now, hoping it will help, but from what I'm reading here that probably won't help. 😢

TroySchuster

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I run Microsoft Launcher on my Samsung S23 Ultra and after waking up yesterday the version I use (Launcher Beta), just gave a 'Something's gone wrong try to restart your phone or you may have to reset'. I tried both nothing worked so I deleted Launcher and reinstalled it fresh. Restored my backup and I was good to go again.

So it isn't just Surface Duo having issues.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
MY SD1 had this issue after the latest update.. So how could I get a working launcher again as I only have the default Microsoft Launcher installed?
Pull down the notification shade and go into settings.
Go into apps and scroll down to the Google Play Store and launch it.
Search for Microsoft Launcher.
I had an update available so I just installed that and all was good. If you don't have the update you could install another launcher from the Play Store to fix it. Anyway, no need for a factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria