Helpp with installing new apps

suarez x7

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello today i tried to download a new app from the app store and i get an error saying ''Terms of use needed, The store terms of use must be accepted before you can buy this item. Ask your parents to go to windowsphone.com to accept the store's Terms of Use.''

I am 17 years old and i have been using my phone for nearly a year now and before i installed apps and everything was fine, bearing in mind this is a free app as well.

I roughly remember when i set up this whole thing that as my parent i just put a random email down and i can't remember it now and now i can't install any new apps :( :S

Please help me guys. What to doo????

Please answer asapp

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Contact MS and chat, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=259447
Tell us about the problem you need help with
Problem type: Apps and Windows Store
Category: Account Security
you'll probably need that email address for them to help tho'
how will they know who you are ?

Terms of use and you agreeing is a contract you know -but contact them and see.

Last edited:

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello today i tried to download a new app from the app store and i get an error saying ''Terms of use needed, The store terms of use must be accepted before you can buy this item. Ask your parents to go to windowsphone.com to accept the store's Terms of Use.''

I am 17 years old and i have been using my phone for nearly a year now and before i installed apps and everything was fine, bearing in mind this is a free app as well.

I roughly remember when i set up this whole thing that as my parent i just put a random email down and i can't remember it now and now i can't install any new apps :( :S

Please help me guys. What to doo????

Please answer asapp

I had the same problem. Here's exactly what I did to solve the problem:

1. Went to The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States)
  2. Logged into my PARENT'S account.
  3. Chose "My Family" from the dropdown menu.
  4. Under my account name, it said that I need to accept the new ToU and then it said "Fix It."
  5. I clicked "Fix It" and it brought me to the page where I could accept the terms.

Let me know if this works for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion