Lock app!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There is no "lock apps" in the WP store. I know exactly what you're talking about. App lock is what I use when using my Android phone. It's a app, that you can set a pass code to open other apps. Sorry.

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I know that I can do that, but I think that an app to lock temporarily any application can be useful, greetings!!!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It isn't possible due to OS limitations, mostly relating to security. Apps cannot be aware of each other to increase security, so one wouldn't be able to lock another.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It isn't possible due to OS limitations, mostly relating to security. Apps cannot be aware of each other to increase security, so one wouldn't be able to lock another.
I don't think this is true. Locking another app isn't a security issue . Permissions to add a pin lock before opening an app isn't causing any security concerns.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is true. Locking another app isn't a security issue . Permissions to add a pin lock before opening an app isn't causing any security concerns.

um, the power to do that requires power over what gets launched on a system level, power over other files and folders belonging to other apps.

Security doesn't get more concerning than that.

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I know apps can lock themselves, look at like Mint and over banking apps but I believe it would be the developer that needs to include this. Most people just lock the phone or use kids corner but to lock an app it would either have to be an OS feature, which I can see being a pain anytime you use an app, or a developer but then it depends if the dev thinks its worth locking your whatever app. Hard answer.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Without apps being aware of each other, one cannot lock another. Due to security, apps cannot be aware of each other, as they are sandboxed. What I said is true.

Additionally, it IS a security concern if one app can lock another. What if that app developer decides to take over your phone? This isn't possible on Windows Phone, but in the hypothetical situation where one app can lock another app, you are at the mercy of the developer. So yes, it IS a security issue.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I know exactly what kids corner is, it seems you don't understand what an app lock app does. You're making a fool of yourself. You should really stop.

What I need is for you to explain to us what you think a locking apps is. How should it work?

I use Kids corner to protect data on my device. It works very well for that. Just add apps in kids corner that you don't mind others using and apps you need quick access to then keep the phone main systems locked. Seams simple enough to me. I think by name kids corner is off putting as a system lock app. Protecting your device from children is what it was designed to do but with a little imagination you can use it to do much more.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How about you go look up app lock in the android and/or iOS marketplace and see for yourself. I see comprehension isn't a strong point for some people, so ita best to just go look it up for youself.
What I need is for you to explain to us what you think a locking apps is. How should it work?

I use Kids corner to protect data on my device. It works very well for that. Just add apps in kids corner that you don't mind others using and apps you need quick access to then keep the phone main systems locked. Seams simple enough to me. I think by name kids corner is off putting as a system lock app. Protecting your device from children is what it was designed to do but with a little imagination you can use it to do much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon