Official Twitter, Mehdoh, Gleek, Twabbit or Metweets which is the best?

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Official is my daily driver mainly because it has notifications for favorites, retweets and new followers. Do any other apps have this? Which is your favorite and why?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I probably paid for more Twitter apps than anything else. All proved dissatisfactory, due to failure to receive notifications after some time. The official Twitter app is the one I use now, since the notifications always work.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I bounce back and forth between Mehdoh and Tweet It. I like Tweet It because visually I find it the most appealing twitter app out there, and because it is very fast and stable. I use Mehdoh because it is also fast and stable, plus has tweet marker integration. As far as notifications, I actually use email and the Me tile for twitter notifications.

livejazz

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I really like MeTweets, however I manage several Twitter accounts and once you add more than seven accounts you are not able to select any of the ones you added after the seventh. The account selector simply will not scroll down and present it to select. I've been using Gleek for some time and it seems the push needs work, but at least it can function with multiples of accounts beyond 7. I have several that I've paid for and some free ones that I try every time I see them get an update. I will say that I heard MeTweets may soon be getting an update and that excites me. If I had a wish, it would be that you could get all notifications on all loaded accounts via toast and individual account live tiles. The official is good to add friends (follow) from profiles of other users. So, I guess I use 3 and all for different reasons, plus I use text messaging for my main global.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I just started a similar thread and like others have spent a few quid on twitter apps that don't deliver. Currently trying twabbit and like it to a point but again like all the others they fail to have the consolidated Notifications pivot/column/hub of the official twitter app.

It makes sense (to me at least) to have all RT/*/New followers and conversations in one place, not have to hop (ha.. wabbit.. hop) about searching for them all.

When I get a notification in twabbit and if it's a fave of my tweet, I have no indication of it when I open the app. Frustrating.
Hopefully WP8.1 and the new 3 for 1 app development will bring other players to the phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just started a similar thread and like others have spent a few quid on twitter apps that don't deliver. Currently trying twabbit and like it to a point but again like all the others they fail to have the consolidated Notifications pivot/column/hub of the official twitter app.

It makes sense (to me at least) to have all RT/*/New followers and conversations in one place, not have to hop (ha.. wabbit.. hop) about searching for them all.

When I get a notification in twabbit and if it's a fave of my tweet, I have no indication of it when I open the app. Frustrating.
Hopefully WP8.1 and the new 3 for 1 app development will bring other players to the phone.

I'm hoping Tweetium makes a WP8.1 version. I like Tweetium for Windows 8.1.

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The twabbit team got back to me and said
"Twitter's interaction API is private and so we cannot add RTs, fav, new followers in interaction pivot. We are investigating other options though."

This would explain why there is not a similar integrate interaction pivot in all the other twitter apps.

I also suggested they had a profile link in the ME pivot instead of buried with two taps on your user name at the top and they said they'd do that so that's progress! A responsive developer team.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss