Understanding "TRY" version of apps/games

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded a game called Strata from the WP8 store. Since I just got my Lumia 1320, I haven't set up a payment method (and am not sure about doing so since I already invested into iTunes and Google Play).

Anyways, I hit "try". Game downloads, and to my surprise it seems like the full game is there. I played the whole of world 1, and I can play all the other 5 worlds as well. Link: Strata | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

My question is, what does "try" mean? Is it supposed to be a demo of a portion of a game/app, a limited time trial period....or how? And if you download apps/games this way with a payment method setup, do you get billed automatically?

Also, if anyone can answer with regards to the context of the game above that would be cool.

uncletoma

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Depends by game and by apps.
All games that i've tryed are limited, mostly first part of game then stop. Some of them can sell full version as "in app purchase"

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I know, I tried a couple before and they were very limited demos effectively. But this one seems to not have such restrictions. So just wanted to clear the air.

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It's up to app developer what kind of limits there are in "try" version. And no, there are not an automatic billing system. Every time your acceptance is needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos