Windows Phone Messaging Concerns

nschmdt

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on android and I really like Google hangouts. It is simple, and allows messaging when I'm on my phone or at my computer. I really like that. The new update to windows phone looks promising and has me interested.

My main problem with windows phone is the messaging. Most of my friends use hangouts or texting. No one uses Skype and some use whatsapp. The problem with whatsapp is there's no desktop feature (that I know of). I don't really like using Facebook for chat I don't know why.

So long story short, messaging is my main concern about switching to windows phone. How did you solve your messaging concerns IF you had any? Did you have to convince your friends to use another service?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently on android and I really like Google hangouts. It is simple, and allows messaging when I'm on my phone or at my computer. I really like that. The new update to windows phone looks promising and has me interested.

My main problem with windows phone is the messaging. Most of my friends use hangouts or texting. No one uses Skype and some use whatsapp. The problem with whatsapp is there's no desktop feature (that I know of). I don't really like using Facebook for chat I don't know why.

So long story short, messaging is my main concern about switching to windows phone. How did you solve your messaging concerns IF you had any? Did you have to convince your friends to use another service?
im+ lets you talk with your google contacts (hangouts)

nschmdt

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
What I like about hangouts is it allows me to stay in the same app to do sms and hangouts. Is this how Skype is integrated into windows phone?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Google Hangout will always be the best experience on Android phones. For WP8.1 messaging solutions will be same as Google Hangouts and text in the same app, but it will be better in a way that you can choose what stays with your messaging. Apps like Facebook messenger, Skype and Whatsapp are likely candidates to be able to hook into messaging hub so that you can switch between them. Skype and FBM being the ones that have desktop clients. But, unfortunately, if you are keen on Google services you better stick to Android. Same story for me, I am more than satisfied, happy and have a sense of security using Microsoft services and hence Windows Phone is the best bet for me. However, Microsoft does extend its services on other platforms, unlike Google.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6