Best Walking/Hiking app

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,
I've had both knees replaced and must walk daily. I'm now up to over about 2 miles a day. I've tried several apps to record and map my hikes. However, anytime I take a photo, make or accept a call, or listen to music, the apps stop and fail to record the walk. So, the question for you Lumia users, is there an app that will continue to work in the background and allow me to use the phone's features?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hope you are felling much better today :smile:
You can try bing health and fitness or endomondo , both are excellent. This is a common issue since GPS relays on your phone signal , when you receive or place a phone call , your phone will lose the gps tracing and will focus on making call (someone point me out if I am wrong ). Same goes for mobile internet , if someone calls me it takes 15 sec aprox. For reconnect. So yes the gps will pause after a call and will try to reconnect.
Take care mate :smile:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I used Endomondo just yesterday to take a walk. During the walk, I listened to music, somebody called me and then I called him back. During that whole time, Endomondo sat in the background and accurately monitored me. It is my go-to app for this.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I used Endomondo just yesterday to take a walk. During the walk, I listened to music, somebody called me and then I called him back. During that whole time, Endomondo sat in the background and accurately monitored me. It is my go-to app for this.

I always loose my track when using here drives (when on a call)

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
+1 for Endomondo. I use this app for running and cycling. It also has a feature that allows other Endomondo users (that you authorize) to track your location in real time. This feature is very useful when my wife runs marathons. We know exactly where she is and we can be there to cheer her on. She can also check my location when I go on long bike rides.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes