Wanting a desktop UI file manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

psgenious

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
i am wanting a desktop view UI file manager .
in which we can do all things like aerize explorer.i.e. cut, copy, paste, rename, delete, to all types of libraries.
so that our friends will see the desktop view and will be jealous.
i know its a modification in UI.
for example you can try silveos phone but its different , it is a web OS silverlight operating system.(but it has no access to phone and sd card)
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/silveos-phone/bd3a02de-e085-e011-986b-78e7d1fa76f8
what i am wanting is similar to this.

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am sure developers will create a nice file manager with all requested features with beautiful UI (but I want metro UI , not the desktop UI :wink: )

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
You already got all the technical features you want to in aerize explorer. All YOU want is a File Manager to impress some people...
And i dont think anybody will make an app just for impressing people and ignoring any kind of usability.

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
But if it is almost impossible to use the functions you need, then the UI is just useless. Take a screenshot of you desktop with explorer open and show me how you are going to use that on your phonescreen. The whole menu will be too small. Just try Remote Desktop on your phone and open an Explorer within this Remote Session.

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
You said you want to have a desktop like Explorer. So is there a "lite" version of the windows file explorer? And do you think "Silveos Phone" is usable? Sure it looks great, but its never usable enough. Your point with "UI is what attracts people . and functions is a primary need." is nonsense, because in "Silveos Phone" for example the UI is nice but not usable. So the usability is more important then the UI itself. And thats why im thinking, nobody will just release a file explorer to impress people, which will have no usability and so nobody will use it, because there are so many usable and featurerich File Explorers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon