My New Windows Phone 8.1 Messaging Concept!

Jan Marcelo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
2.jpg

Made a new concept for today for the messaging.

What's new?

-The messaging has now a pictures of who's texting together.
-The send button is now in the side of typing a text.
-Has now quick option if flow keyboard should be turned on/off. It's changeable in the keyboard settings on what quck settings you want.
-The emoticons is not on the keyboard anymore it's separated.
-Swipe up for keyboard (keyboard is still popping up automatic when opening a message at first, and still popping up when clicked "Type message") This should be familiar with you when you have a password on your lockscreen This Swipe up for keyboard thing works like the same.
-I added the (Text) Thingy because all of you want to bring back the facebook integration to Windows Phone, and I guess Microsoft will bring it back so i added it.
-You can now switch to Chat or Text (FB Integration needed)
-The number of the people you text should appear now on the messaging.
-Phone number switching and Facebook Chat was placed at the upper left.

Suggest me what's the thing who make it worst and I will fix it! :cool: Thanks guys! Have fun!

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Great idea, but here's my feedback...

Having the profile photo against each message means you have less room for text, especially on smaller screens.
I don't really see the need for a toggle for Flow - if you don't want to use it, you just tap the letters as normal
I don't see why there's a need to manually hide/show the keyboard with a swipe action - the standard app shows the keyboard when you tap into the text field and then disappears if you tap away. Swiping up from the bottom could cause the user to accidently press the start/back/search buttons

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
i did like the concept, only except manual swipe keyboard and auto hide being un-necessary.
we can say that after wp8.1, the swipe keyboard is pretty nice and it is an auto shifter i.e. u can use it if u want or u dont use it.

one thing for sure, such contrast color theme has it's own appeal.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Agree with above. No need for word flow enable. Don't use it if you don't like it haha. Alsoo the buttons look a little too small on the side. I think just bringing back msn/facebook/im clients into the messaging app would be enough of a change!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes