Any 3pp player with Now Playing scrubbing

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any 3pp Music player apps already with scrubbing now playing bar and fast forward (holding forward button)?

That's the only feature I've really waited for a long time.

By the way, if there isn't one yet, can you suggest me a music player?

I really liked iMusic player (by Studio 8), but unfortunately it has not been updated for ages. My main features for a music player:
Quick playback and scrolling for a large collection of music (over 500 songs)
Search feature
Sleep timer
Scrubbing now playing
Fast forwarding

Why I really liked iMusic is that it has most of it. Really like the way it is designed, I do not give a crap about sorting songs by albums and stuff like that, all I need is a player that can practically instantly show all my songs. Unlike in default xbox music player, which is like this:
Play a song<1-2 sec lag/delay>opens up now playing, going back to my music<loading songs 2-4 sec>. That's what I really don't like about it.

Whereas on iMusic player they used a simple trick to some sort of bypass the delay. Pressing on a song it actually started playing and it was shown on a bottom bar Now Playing instead of going to a whole new window (Now Playing) in xbox music.

tl;dr, can you recommend any music players for me with the following features:
Quick playback and scrolling for a large collection of music (over 500 songs)
Search feature
Sleep timer
Scrubbing now playing
Fast forwarding

Thank you! :wink:

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Try Xbox music app , recently It was updated with scrubbing for now playing , fast forward , search and it's very smooth on my lumia 920.

Yeah, I know it has both of those features, but as I said, I still do not like the way it works, with those delays, refreshing songs every time I press on all songs.

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Go for the app called find my music.
That's what you want.

Just tried that out. It seems it does not even have any now playing options (shuffle, scrubbing, next song) or even a playlist. It's just an app to search for songs :(

Any other suggestions please?

As I said in my first post, iMusic was almost perfect except it does not have scrubbing and fast forward features, also it was not updated for a very long time so I guess the developer just forgot about it :(

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Just tried that out. It seems it does not even have any now playing options (shuffle, scrubbing, next song) or even a playlist. It's just an app to search for songs :(

As I said in my first post, iMusic was almost perfect except it does not have scrubbing and fast forward features, also it was not updated for a very long time so I guess the developer just forgot about it :(

Check out "Cool Music Player" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=cfa24d29-22db-49dd-9481-ee930aa89cc9

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

There is another app called extreme music.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site

Check out "Music Hub Tile" for Windows Phone http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=3faa2f9e-6b8d-440a-bb60-5dd76a5baec1
This one's like the original windows 8 app.

prebuss

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Tried that one a few days ago, does a pretty good job, but compared to iPlayer, it does not have a sleep timer, also, has one of the most annoying ads. And of course, it does not support neither scrubbing, nor fast forward...

There is another app called extreme music.
Too many futures, laggy, tried it before. Also, no scrubbing or fast forward.

Check out "Music Hub Tile" for Windows Phone Music Hub Tile | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
This one's like the original windows 8 app.

Tried it today, still laggy with that interface, refreshing songs every time I go to all songs. Also, no scrubbing (fast forward available).

I tried like 10 different players and none of them looked perfect. Maybe I should develop one by myself, even tho never developed before.

Can someone explain me why are the no 3pp players that would offer scrubbing or fast forward? Hasn't MS released API for that or something?

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Tried that one a few days ago, does a pretty good job, but compared to iPlayer, it does not have a sleep timer, also, has one of the most annoying ads. And of course, it does not support neither scrubbing, nor fast forward...

Too many futures, laggy, tried it before. Also, no scrubbing or fast forward.

Tried it today, still laggy with that interface, refreshing songs every time I go to all songs. Also, no scrubbing (fast forward available).

I tried like 10 different players and none of them looked perfect. Maybe I should develop one by myself, even tho never developed before.

Can someone explain me why are the no 3pp players that would offer scrubbing or fast forward? Hasn't MS released API for that or something?

Exactly. Ms hasn't released the API for that yet.

And tried the other player I told you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon