Whatsapp is ruining WP market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Many friends of mine are moving to android for whatsapp and those who were thinking to buy WP,have decided to buy android instead..They were already pissed off with the inability to send video and audio at 1st(still audio cant be sent or received)but now with the absence of whatsapp and also the absence of latest updates they have decided to dump WP and move to android or ios.Microsoft needs to look at this matter asap else people will start moving to android as Whatsapp is now the heart for any smart phone users,they(including me) cant think spending a day without whatsapp..
P.S Other important apps like Facebook,skype,instagram etc also sucks for WP users

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Many friends of mine are moving to android for whatsapp and those who were thinking to buy WP,have decided to buy android instead..They were already pissed off with the inability to send video and audio at 1st(still audio cant be sent or received)but now with the absence of whatsapp and also the absence of latest updates they have decided to dump WP and move to android or ios.Microsoft needs to look at this matter asap else people will start moving to android as Whatsapp is now the heart for any smart phone users,they(including me) cant think spending a day without whatsapp..
P.S Other important apps like Facebook,skype,instagram etc also sucks for WP users

Don't know what you're talking i can send and receive audio :)

Shinigami910

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok so that's what you're taking about, you may wish to be clearer about that in future. First of all what pre saved sound files do you want to send? Secondly why do you want to save sound files to your phone from whats app?

anon(5718954)

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok so that's what you're taking about, you may wish to be clearer about that in future.
No, you better think twice before acting stupid on purpose next time.

First of all what pre saved sound files do you want to send?
What does that matter?

Secondly why do you want to save sound files to your phone from whats app?
See above.

He wants it and he should be able to do it. Android, iOS and even Symbian users are able to do it. Why should WP users not be able to do it? Don't you concern yourself with the reasons. Rest assured, he most definitely knows why he wants that feature.

I'm so sick of people telling others everything is all right. This app is utter crap and it will ruin WP for sure if this doesn't get addressed ASAP.

Last edited:

dergutehirte

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
If you are switching to another os, just because of one app, then have fun :) if you are then stop flaming here about whatsapp like a child, im even more happy to be with wp :)

Pushynachan

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
World is full of such issues who want only WhatsApp .. Subway surfers .. N other stuffs .. They can't move on and that's the reason for this crap like android become successful

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
They should learn to warn us before before removing the app, at the very least. Only way they'll get that message is through the rating and review when it's back up.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I just wondering ....how many threads there are going to be about the subject WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is just a messenger a replacement for text or SMS. Now is it about that it can't sent mp3 or other files.....wat is next....i hate WhatsApp because I can send blue ray rips therefore WP sucs???
It works as intended, just be happy with what you got.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I firmly believe you a put a little too much emphasis on the importance of Whatsapp. I asked my brother about what he thought about whatsapp (he has been using smartphones for six years, IOS and now Android). His reply was he had never heard of it; but he did use Skype. So I decided to ask a few other smartphone users, about 20. Of the twenty only three had even heard of Whatsapp. Now I realize this is hardly any kind of a valid survey; but it does show now all smartphone users are hardly depended on one app. Also of the 20 people I asked only three were WP8 phone users.

I think we have a deluded vision of the real smartphone app situation. I use Android tablets (three) and WP8 (three) phones and my desktop is a HP 23" touchscreen unit running Windows 8.1 so I get to see what is there and what I use. I feel very comfortable with the current app situation. But then I am just your adverage JOE user, of course most people are just that. You may believe what you wish that is everyone option; but it does not make it right or wrong.

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site
It probably depends on where you're from. In America many people might not care (I was in NYC recently and not once did I even see someone with a Windows Phone, only iPhones and occasionally Android... then again, probably also not a valid survey :eek:rly:) but here in Europe (The Netherlands, to be exact) WhatsApp is hugely popular, to the extent that "to app" has actually become a verb around here. It is entirely valid to say that you will "app someone" and it will actually mean that you are going to send someone a message on WhatsApp. I think it's retarded, but it's the reality. I think in a market such as this, a mobile OS will simply fail if WhatsApp is not available for it. For all intents and purposes, WhatsApp has replaced SMS text messages, so having a phone that cannot run WhatsApp is pretty much like having a phone without SMS capabilities.

That said, people are of course overreacting to this situation. WhatsApp is available for Windows Phone and works fine, it's just unavailable to new users for the moment and will be back soon. It's inconvenient, sure, but it's not the end of the world. Windows Phone will live and so will we.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
For the real diehard; you can always sideload whatsapp
True, you must developunlock your phone.
But there are other ways if you want to sent someone something else than pictures or plain tekst.
You can use oldfasion mail or share it in the cloud, we got al kind of messengers, you just have to look for them.
If the developers of WA dont get there app working in the way you want it, that is someting for the developers and has nothing to do with WP8x

I for one would not be happy if people starting to sent me musicfiles, the same as video's.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For the real diehard; you can always sideload whatsapp
True, you must developunlock your phone.
But there are other ways if you want to sent someone something else than pictures or plain tekst.
You can use oldfasion mail or share it in the cloud, we got al kind of messengers, you just have to look for them.
If the developers of WA dont get there app working in the way you want it, that is someting for the developers and has nothing to do with WP8x

I for one would not be happy if people starting to sent me musicfiles, the same as video's.

You cannot sideload WhatsApp.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
No you cant deploy it now! I just downloaded the WhatsApp Xap from the windowsphone website, put it in my phone storage, then I went in phone store clicked on install local apps and there it shows me WhatsApp but in unavailable state! So you just can't install it! Wait till they fix it, no other way :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon