2nd Makeover of windowsPhone

akarsh12345

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
hi everyone, thanx for commenting on 1st makeover.. many people liked my ideas and some not.. but thats not the big deal.. here are some more ideas to make windows phone better.

1) First talking about live tiles- merging 2 or more tiles into one tiles, rotating them to switch between apps (for eg calls, msgs, peoples can be merge into tile like a cube tile or whatsapp,wechat,line into one)

2)few years back spice mobiles brought up the idea of projector into phone (spice popcorn) its a great concept to show images and presentation via phones.

3) lockscreen should support animation like galaxy series. nokia cinemagraphed images can be used into lockscreen with animation.

4) cortana should support language packs for every region.

5) cellular+sim is not an option for notification centre so it should also be added.

6) battery saver settings should tell the time remaining for full charge and should have to option to set custom alert tone when full charged.

7) office for windows phone isnt really like a real pc office, word should have the option to attach media and draw tables.

8) hotmail should show the sdcard folders when attaching files/media, showing only pictures hub is the worst part.

9) the biggest drawback is with wifi it doesnt have the option to obtain ip address manually. there are wifi which can only be connected when user inputs the ipaddress. there is a option in the phone but its not highlighted.

10) like nokia N8, windows phone should also be able to connect pendrives to phones. (i dnt know it supports now or not)

11) wifi direct and allshare (android) is much much required in windows phone nokia playto is available but apps like allshare is required in store.

12) cortana should be more advance and more intelligent even for students and education purpose calculating simple mathematics problems or telling formulas or chemical equations will be hell awesome.

13) imagine cortana singing any song completely. hollywood/bollywood OR cortana telling release dates of upcoming movies.

14) windows phone should have the option to winzip doc and files to share via mails adding passwords to zipfolder (encrypted)

thats all for now.. Adding little things like this into windows phone will only make market value stronger compare to android and ios. To all the WPdev out there if u r seeing this and if anything is possible please bring it to the store.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hi everyone, thanx for commenting on 1st makeover.. many people liked my ideas and some not.. but thats not the big deal.. here are some more ideas to make windows phone better.

1) First talking about live tiles- merging 2 or more tiles into one tiles, rotating them to switch between apps (for eg calls, msgs, peoples can be merge into tile like a cube tile or whatsapp,wechat,line into one)
Hmm, this probably has potential

2)few years back spice mobiles brought up the idea of projector into phone (spice popcorn) its a great concept to show images and presentation via phones.
That's going to be a niche phone, I don't think Samsung has really made those fly off the shelves.

3) lockscreen should support animation like galaxy series. nokia cinemagraphed images can be used into lockscreen with animation.
Won't say no to this one, isn't the lockscreen supposed to get more features soon?

4) cortana should support language packs for every region.
Of course I believe this is a given, probably still in progress.

5) cellular+sim is not an option for notification centre so it should also be added.
yup, many have been asking for a cellular data toggle

6) battery saver settings should tell the time remaining for full charge and should have to option to set custom alert tone when full charged.
The time remaining for charge is actually a nice touch, I would like that.
I remember seeing it in a third-party battery app do that.

7) office for windows phone isnt really like a real pc office, word should have the option to attach media and draw tables.
Yea Office is meh, I hope the universal Office touch comes out soon and brings features galore.

8) hotmail should show the sdcard folders when attaching files/media, showing only pictures hub is the worst part.

9) the biggest drawback is with wifi it doesnt have the option to obtain ip address manually. there are wifi which can only be connected when user inputs the ipaddress. there is a option in the phone but its not highlighted.

10) like nokia N8, windows phone should also be able to connect pendrives to phones. (i dnt know it supports now or not)
no OTG support in WP yet, would be nice.

11) wifi direct and allshare (android) is much much required in windows phone nokia playto is available but apps like allshare is required in store.

12) cortana should be more advance and more intelligent even for students and education purpose calculating simple mathematics problems or telling formulas or chemical equations will be hell awesome.
Please hook her into Wolfram Alpha. I would love that.

13) imagine cortana singing any song completely. hollywood/bollywood OR cortana telling release dates of upcoming movies.
Oh god I bet that will be too much effort for too little return. More features are always nice though.

14) windows phone should have the option to winzip doc and files to share via mails adding passwords to zipfolder (encrypted)
+1

thats all for now.. Adding little things like this into windows phone will only make market value stronger compare to android and ios. To all the WPdev out there if u r seeing this and if anything is possible please bring it to the store.

I'm just pitching in my 2 cents on these ideas in bold above.

my own suggestions:
1) Offline OneDrive sync, coupled with a File Manager or improved OneDrive app.
Allowing document syncing like normal computers, setting what you want offline, what you dont... It would make managing my music even easier.
Turn it off for some folders or altogether if your phone can't handle it.

2) Unhook Location and Cortana, I think it would contribute, since not all her functionality hinges on location services.

3) Ditch whatever transfer/mount protocol is being used for USB mass storage.
I don't know why, but its so slow and temperamental compared to most other things I've handled.

4) Tuning of auto-brightness would be a nice small plus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon