Slacker finally updated, but not the carrier versions?

scsgoal

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So Slacker Radio finally got around to launching a new version of their Windows Phone app (they launched the new look iOS and Android versions in February 2013).

Unfortunately, the version they updated was the non-carrier branded version located at:
Slacker Radio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Being on AT&T here in the US, I don't have access to that version, and still only have access to the AT&T published version at
Slacker Radio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

which has not been updated.

Anybody know who actually gets to download the non-branded version and anyway I can get it installed on my phone?

scsgoal

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Chatted with Rome on Slacker Support. According to him:

All of the carrier specific builds were submitted to the carriers for them to approve and release.IN order to bill to AT&T, they have to approve it. Same for Verizon, Sprint, etc

Hope they'll bang it out quickly.

scsgoal

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So the AT&T version is "gone" (you can get to it with a link, but the publisher changed to Slacker, inc. But still the old version) and I now have access to the official nonbranded version. Strange!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Daniel Rubino published an article on the WPCentral news page. You can connect to WiFi, and then remove your SIM to get the Slacker update on AT&T. I'm an AT&T customer, and I have the updated Slacker on my 920. In fact it got another update since then on Wednesday.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

scsgoal

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Daniel Rubino published an article on the WPCentral news page. You can connect to WiFi, and then remove your SIM to get the Slacker update on AT&T. I'm an AT&T customer, and I have the updated Slacker on my 920. In fact it got another update since then on Wednesday.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Yup..I had did that when it was posted. Just interesting the at&t version looks to not be around going forward since they opened the other one to all.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yup..I had did that when it was posted. Just interesting the at&t version looks to not be around going forward since they opened the other one to all.

I've used AT&T as my carrier as long as I've had cellphones (since they were Cingular). However, I've never had any use for any AT&T apps. The first thing I do is uninstall the AT&T bloatware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720