Data Sense

Lucas234

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
One thing I don't understand about Data Sense is that it doesn't give you a daily allowance. I have an app on my Android which takes the amount of data I have remaining, and divides that by the number of days left in my billing cycle. This tells me how much data I should use per day to make my data last until the end of the cycle so I don't go over. It's just division, why in the world could they not throw that in there somewhere? It's not compressing webpages or searching for wifi hotspots, it's just goddamn division. I tried searching on the Windows Phone store for an app that offers this, but no cigar. To me, this is a glaring oversight on Microsofts part to make Data Sense even more useful than it probably already is. (I wouldn't know, I can't upgrade to a Windows phone until the end of September. Anyone who uses Data Sense, please tell me how effective it is.)

>inb4 use the calculator app and do it yourself

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
That would be a good feature. I wish it went beyond that too, and let us set a daily max or at least a warning. Most of my data every month is lost to one app going rogue (falling off WiFi without warning and downloading audiobooks or youtube videos on my data plan) for about a half hour, and then I spend the next 20 days carefully avoiding using my data. So each month I get 500 MB of actual data, and 1.5 GB of MyTube or Audible being stupid and not respecting my wifi-only setting. It's always something different but it happens about once per month so I don't get to use much of my data plan for its intended purpose. If Data Sense could send an alert every time some threshold like 100 MB got used up quickly, that would be extremely helpful to catching this sort of thing much faster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2