Windows AIR - Wireless Charging without cords.

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Enabling a phone that has the capabilities of "Over the Air" charging & data transfer would further enforce Microsoft's efforts to bring a more unified experience with Windows. I think this is something that would put edge over its competitors by bringing something that potentially could completely change the way we use our devices. Specially with the pairing of devices such as the Surface & Lumia. These two could interact with each other. It could be that the Surface acts as a wireless charging surface or provide the power to charge the Lumia without contact.

What do you think? Is the technology there? :confused:

Last edited:

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The technology is there - it's in your wireless charger.
What you're talking about is ramping up the power so that the effective charging distance is greater.

I would imagine to make this a practical and realistic solution they'd need to greatly improve the efficiency of both the transmitter and receiver - we all know that even on wireless charging, both the charger and the phone pump out a lot of heat, which is wasted energy.

So Cage, I think you've found a money spinner - just come up with an ultra efficient, compact & long range wireless charger and you'd never need to work again :D

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I really think Microsoft should be putting their efforts into this. if you didn't have to put the phone on the dock for it to charge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2