Suggestions for the Flipboard app to improve it?

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello To everyone

i did an review on Flipboard in the marrket and got answer from the developers and they wants my feedback for what needs to improve the application, i want to ask to everyone which have tried this application that post what bugs and things you have noticed to this app for improve it, i got the space to say as user my observations and wants use that space given by flipboard to tell what do not like about the application .

please till friday eastern timezone will accept posts before send all to flipboard

my idea is that everyone says ideas, bugs found, etc what you want to them,

i will start

Nokia Lumia 820,

BUGS of flipboard

the application do not load inmediatelly the cover page and takes more of 20 seconds of load while show me an black background and an spining dots , also can not search and customize my account and magazines and can not watch videos on post , besides speed issues ..

now is your turn to say louder what do not like about Flipboard

best regards

Francisco

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
First and foremost tell them to add Flip functionality as opposed to scrolling. That will make all their users keep their cool for the time being. Also if they complain its difficult, ask them to seek help from Microsoft and they will definitely get it done.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the scrolling. Maybe it's a WP platform limitation. haven't seen an app that does the flipping on WP.

But I agree with OP. if they could speed up the initial loading, that'd be good. It shows a black screen with the spinner every time i open the app.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't mind the scrolling. Maybe it's a WP platform limitation. haven't seen an app that does the flipping on WP.

But I agree with OP. if they could speed up the initial loading, that'd be good. It shows a black screen with the spinner every time i open the app.

Try Dailyaha

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
hello to everyone:

just today sent the e mail to flipboard

here is what the e mail contains

"

Hello Flipboard support :

i am getting touch with you for tell and give feedback of the application for Windows Phone Platform in the case Windows Phone 8.1 and wish gave my suggestions.

first , we wish if can fix the aesthetic way of move around the application, we want the flip instead of the scroll for watch the articles.

second we want that get fixed the long periods of time when the display is locked and later we get an too long the application resuming , Also in Android the loading of the articles is fast why in Windows Phone application when start the application by first time takes long time in a black display ad the dots moving while load the articles, should the application experience in Windows Phone the same as the version for Android and IOS in fact in Windows 8 and 8.1 for computers no problems but the smartphone version works bad.

also the articles which contains videos are shown with a black window and when try of watch the video get a decoding error and can not watch the video

in conclusion we want the same homogeneous experience across platforms not matter if we use Windows Phone, Windows for x86-x64, IOS or Android.

best regards"

well just i hope we get heard.

best regards
Francisco

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
here is the answer of Flipboard 44Bettie, Community Support Manager | October 13, 2014 | 11:29 -0700
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much for following up with us and giving us more feedback. As mentioned earlier we thought the scroll would be more suitable for the Windows Phone. However, I will make sure your all your feedback and suggestions gets passed on to or Windows team. Hope you still enjoy the app!

i just replied that should consider change the application name to Scrollboard because is what we find in the application

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes