Unable to enable caller ID in truecaller.

Pranshul Sood

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
After the latest update came out to Truecaller, I was pretty excited to see the Caller ID feature finally making it's way to windows phone. But for some reason I'm unable to enable the Caller Id. I go the settings to enable it, switch on by sliding the button, it takes me to a prompt box which says allow truecaller to identify contacts not in the contact list. I press ok but when i return to the app, the toggle button automatically is set to off again. It doesn't activate at all. I repeated this process several times but it switched off on its own again and again. I've tried uninstalling the app but with no luck. Is anybody here facing the same issues? Help is needed. Thanks in advance. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. I just got a call from a number I didn't know, and Truecaller displayed their name.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Actually now the thing is, Lets say i m calling from my LL ( after deleting from my contact list i.e. now it becomes unknown number) 10 times then out of 10 its showing only 4-5 times the name( Home Airtel - truecaller). What does this mean??

It could be weak/no 3g or wifi connection. That's what I can think of since its working flawlessly for me.

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey, for some reason true caller doesn't show me who's calling me in real time. After I cancel or pick up the call, I get a notification from my true caller app on action center. From there I open the app and check the apps notifications section and it shows me who called. It doesn't show the identity just below the number as reported by the pic by wpcentral in their true caller caller id update article.

Any help?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You need to enable this service through Truecaller. Just go to Settings and swipe right to Caller ID page and turn on the Caller Id option.
One thing to note, real time caller ID identification works only on 3G or WIFI connectivity. It wont work if you are on 2G network.

NIKHIL NARKAR

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
No its not working even after installing in phone memory. Send here proper flow chart how to enable truecaller id. With an example of unknown incoming call screenshot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos