How is Mirrorlink on Windows Phone?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So there's no update on this?

I really don't want a head unit that has built in SatNav as I trust Here Maps much more.

I have an old iPhone I could use for music, and sat nav in the car with Mirrorlink but really I just want my phone (Lumia 930 but will be upgrading to another WP in Nov 16) to do the job.

I've tried reaching out to everyone I could think of at Microsoft and got no response. It would appear that MirrorLink isn't something that is going to happen on Windows anytime soon, if ever.

AWD4416

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I would encourage everyone to upvote every single request for MirrorLink on the Windows 10 Mobile feedback app. You have to set it to all categories and then search for MirrorLink.

Not having proper interaction with my 950XL on my car (Bluetooth has gotten better buy still not solid) is one of the key reasons I'm already planning on switching platforms again.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
None of the news concerning Redstone has any mention of MirrorLink. Since the updates won't even be complete until Spring 2017, I think we can count Windows 10 Mobile out of being used the car for at least another year. And that is being optimistic. Realistically, there will likely never be automotive integration of any kind in Windows.

It's a shame Microsoft doesn't realize how important this is. It's going to cost them greatly going forward. Guess that's what happens when they all ride around their shuttle buses in Redmond, and none of their developers have ever driven a car before.

Pranab

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Buying a new car with Mirrorlink and Carplay..have a 950, Sometimes get a little tired of being left out of the fun.. But no matter, be brave is what i say to myself.. A day shall come when i will have a smartphone which has all the apps in the world and is supported by every smart car system..and that will be Lumia 9500..😛

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Buying a new car with Mirrorlink and Carplay..have a 950, Sometimes get a little tired of being left out of the fun.. But no matter, be brave is what i say to myself.. A day shall come when i will have a smartphone which has all the apps in the world and is supported by every smart car system..and that will be Lumia 9500..��

:grin:

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have two 2016 model cars from different manufacturers. Both are premium vehicles with nearly every option I could get. One car has all three:
Carplay, Android Auto, MirrorLink
The other car I just got has a proprietary system, but it supports iPhone and Android.

WTFMS? I am starting to question myself for hanging on as long as I have.....

I actually had to ask friends to hook up their phones in my car so I could see the cool features I can't use. You're losing me....

Vertego

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
From the latest Peugeot 3008SUV brochure (to be released end January 2017)...

"The Mirror Screen® function operates, as appropriate, via MirrorLink® technology (for MirrorLink®-compatible Android, Blackberry and Windows phones), ..."

Specifically refers*to MirrorLink compatible Windows phones, but nowhere can I find out what those compatible phones are.

Any clues?

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
From the latest Peugeot 3008SUV brochure (to be released end January 2017)...

"The Mirror Screen® function operates, as appropriate, via MirrorLink® technology (for MirrorLink®-compatible Android, Blackberry and Windows phones), ..."

Specifically refers*to MirrorLink compatible Windows phones, but nowhere can I find out what those compatible phones are.

Any clues?

There are no MirrorLink compatible Windows Phones. Microsoft has been a phone manufacturing partner of the Car Connectivity Consortium for some time, but has no actual interest in supporting this protocol in Windows 10.

Don't ever expect to see a Windows 10 Mobile device with any car connectivity besides basic & broken Bluetooth audio.

p51mustang

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm also greatly dissapointed that Microsoft have shown zero interrest in supporting thier loyal fanbase with MirrorLink. My car supports MirrorLink, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, but not my L950. :angry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon