Concept/Wishlist for lumia 1030

Salauddin Ahmed

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1030 pictures leaked today. My wishlist for this phone =
(1) 50 mp pureview camera with 15x loseless zoom with ultra improoved sensors to compete with DSLR
4k shooting compability. 1080p @ 60 fps , 1080p @ 30 fps & 720p @ 120 fps recorder. Xenon+led flash.
5mp front.
(2) waterproof technology ; 1 Hour & 50 metre
(3) 5.6 inch clearblack 2k/full HD display , 500 ppi , corning gorilla glass 3/4 & No bezel.
(4) 2.5 ghz snapdragon 805 processor {64 bit }
(5) andreno 420/ 330
(6) 32 onboard 128 gb expandable
(7) 2 gb of ram
(8) 3500 MAH battery
(9) stereo speaker + Dolby plus

please post this idea on the uservoice page if you like
&what do you want from l1030 ??

Last edited:

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My wish list for a camera focused phone(1030):
-4k/2k 1080p is enough though
-Processor just for image and video processing
-removable 3000mah+ battery is a must for camera phone.
- 4gb+ ram
- expandable memory 128gb+
-less bezel
-4k capture? Maybe
reduce the megapixel because higher megapixel doesn't always mean better and pack more necessary photography features, improve the camera for more low light compatibility. Higher aperture for more low light. Faster processing speed and better image stabilization

imo786

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wishlist for nokia 1030

Taking price into consideration as well, I'd say:
Snapdragon 805 (64 Bit)
3GB RAM
8.7MP front camera
41MP rear camera (1020 pics is perfect as it is)
4K video capability (even though i will never use this)
32GB expandable
If out before Windows 10, must be upgradable.

The rest i'm not too much bothered. For me, this is all the main features I'd like to upgrade to in the near future.

imo786

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Salauddin I dont get you.

I could ask you the same question, why would you want a 55mp camera? 41mp is more than enough for a phone. Buy a dslr rather. What about 4k capture. I am sure this is also one gimmick than many people dont use and is just a battery killer.

I agree with Matt. The more RAM the better. Considering the high possibility of this phone being used for Windows 10 it makes all the sense to increase the ram and compete with a PC.Remember one of the main reasons for 1020 to get 2GB of RAM was to accommodate the high quality camera. So now you want to increase the camera quality but keep the same RAM doesnt make sense.

I said 8.7MP Front camera to make this a niche camera phone. And selfies would be awesome on this camera. Video calling too.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Salauddin I dont get you.

I could ask you the same question, why would you want a 55mp camera? 41mp is more than enough for a phone. Buy a dslr rather. What about 4k capture. I am sure this is also one gimmick than many people dont use and is just a battery killer.

I agree with Matt. The more RAM the better. Considering the high possibility of this phone being used for Windows 10 it makes all the sense to increase the ram and compete with a PC.Remember one of the main reasons for 1020 to get 2GB of RAM was to accommodate the high quality camera. So now you want to increase the camera quality but keep the same RAM doesnt make sense.

I said 8.7MP Front camera to make this a niche camera phone. And selfies would be awesome on this camera. Video calling too.

Haha I bet he doesn't know what he's talking about when he wrote he's wish list and argued with me. I have myself the Lumia 1020 I know the pain of using it when I need it for speed. I'm a novice photographer my L1020 is my backup or emergency camera and its kinda gimmicky and useless because its slow when you are photographing a uncontrolled environment it can't even compete against a decent point and shoot which is what they advertised, but I like it when taking photographs of steady objects. So more ram and faster processor (or processor just for camera) is a must for camera focused phone. Reduce the megapixel 24 mp is enough, remove those gimmicky features and pack the essential ones, and I'm pretty its going to be a hit not just to a normal user but also to the photographers.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha? Do you even know how the ppi is determined? Or even, the ?loseless zoom?.

Here?s mine, more logical at least.

1) 20mp Pureview, 1/1.2 or larger sensor.
2) Improved focusing (either phase detection or laser)
3) Waterproof (preferably without flaps, if not, make wireless charging compulsory)
4) Around 4.7? screen, 1080p will do, must be bright though. LCD is preferred
5) Dedicated imaging processor (like in PV808 and HTC phones)
6) 32/64 GB storage + SD Card. 2-3 GB RAM will do.
7) Around 3000 mAh battery (I would rather a thick phone than a small battery)
8) Any speaker will do.
Doesn?t have to have the latest processor, but a newer one is of course better. Preferably no metal, polycarbonate works (too slippery).

Adjustable aperture? Why not? Xenon flash? Yea? I would buy this.

I almost always laugh at "wishlist" posts. Things those people post, oh my, not sure if they know what they're saying in the first place. Be sensible please... ==

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha I bet he doesn't know what he's talking about when he wrote he's wish list and argued with me. I have myself the Lumia 1020 I know the pain of using it when I need it for speed. I'm a novice photographer my L1020 is my backup or emergency camera and its kinda gimmicky and useless because its slow when you are photographing a uncontrolled environment it can't even compete against a decent point and shoot which is what they advertised, but I like it when taking photographs of steady objects. So more ram and faster processor (or processor just for camera) is a must for camera focused phone. Reduce the megapixel 24 mp is enough, remove those gimmicky features and pack the essential ones, and I'm pretty its going to be a hit not just to a normal user but also to the photographers.

I say... He doesn't know what he's saying. So are you.

4GB+ RAM? Unused RAM is wasted RAM. You say it's for improvement. For what improvement? You use no where near 4GB of RAM. Guess what? My computer has only 2 GB of RAM. ==

8.7MP front camera. Seriously? You yourself said that packing more megapixels is redundant and "doesn't always mean better".
Packing that many pixels into a miniscule small sensor will greatly affect it's ability to shoot photos in low light situations. The only way to overcome this is to use a larger sensor, and we definitely don't want that. Larger aperture? The DoF and the sharpness will be so greatly reduced. You see, currently front cameras have fixed focus and to use it for "selfies" or webchats, the DoF needs to be large because the camera needs to have everything more than ~10cm acceptably sharp. And... to overcome this, you need a adjustable focus. What next? Adding OIS to the front camera? Don't get me started.

And.. as to your statement "Higher aperture for more low light". Yes, it's true. But larger aperture also affect sharpness, don't forget.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I say... He doesn't know what he's saying. So are you.

4GB+ RAM? Unused RAM is wasted RAM. You say it's for improvement. For what improvement? You use no where near 4GB of RAM. Guess what? My computer has only 2 GB of RAM. ==

8.7MP front camera. Seriously? You yourself said that packing more megapixels is redundant and "doesn't always mean better".
Packing that many pixels into a miniscule small sensor will greatly affect it's ability to shoot photos in low light situations. The only way to overcome this is to use a larger sensor, and we definitely don't want that. Larger aperture? The DoF and the sharpness will be so greatly reduced. You see, currently front cameras have fixed focus and to use it for "selfies" or webchats, the DoF needs to be large because the camera needs to have everything more than ~10cm acceptably sharp. And... to overcome this, you need a adjustable focus. What next? Adding OIS to the front camera? Don't get me started.

And.. as to your statement "Higher aperture for more low light". Yes, it's true. But larger aperture also affect sharpness, don't forget.

4 gb ram clearly doesnt make sense right now, i know, but who knows? maybe near future let say 3 or 4 years from now and you are still rocking your L1030 and is still going strong. As for the front facing camera, I didnt come up with the numbers, plus I clearly said "more megapixel DOESNT ALWAYS MEAN BETTER" you better understand that. Anyways Microsoft is making the decision here so theres nothing to argue about.

Last edited:

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Haha… Do you even know how the ppi is determined? Or even, the “loseless zoom”.

Here’s mine, more logical at least.

1) 20mp Pureview, 1/1.2 or larger sensor.
2) Improved focusing (either phase detection or laser)
3) Waterproof (preferably without flaps, if not, make wireless charging compulsory)
4) Around 4.7” screen, 1080p will do, must be bright though. LCD is preferred
5) Dedicated imaging processor (like in PV808 and HTC phones)
6) 32/64 GB storage + SD Card. 2-3 GB RAM will do.
7) Around 3000 mAh battery (I would rather a thick phone than a small battery)
8) Any speaker will do.
Doesn’t have to have the latest processor, but a newer one is of course better. Preferably no metal, polycarbonate works (too slippery).

Adjustable aperture? Why not? Xenon flash… Yea… I would buy this.

I almost always laugh at "wishlist" posts. Things those people post, oh my, not sure if they know what they're saying in the first place. Be sensible please... ==

finally a realistic suggestion.
additional: -metal body and rubber gripping areas and edges. seriously though, the 1020 feels cheap.
-2 front facing speaker is also useful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes