Windows Phone 10 UI Concept

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Usually whenever I see a "concept" posting I ignore it but I have to admit I like this.

Obviously it will never happen but we can dream :D

Ghani Pradita

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedbacks friends. I understand because it's a concept so there is always have pros and cons comments. But I realy appreciate all of your feedbacks :)
I twitted to Joe Beliore yesterday, but no luck. I think he never read mention from people :)

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Your concept is one of the very best I've ever seen. You can apply panoramic wallpaper to that combined Start Screen to make it even more "Metro". The lock screen needs improvements, though, as the objects are to small, leaving to much empty space. The tiles on the Start Screen could be semi-transparent. But overall, it's interesting. ;)

drachen23

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I like that you are trying to minimize the amount of UI chrome space on the phone and that you're trying to keep all the phone interactions within easy reach of the user's thumb. The notifications tray is just a flick up and the app menu is just a flick from the side, just like Windows 8. I see why you put it on the left, but most people are right-handed, and it should probably be on the right side of the device. I have three problems with it. Well, four if you count any similarity to the Win8 UI, which I am slowly growing to detest. The first is that it gets rid of my favorite UI part of Windows Phone: the always-visible-if-it-exists menu right by my thumb with the action icons. It's a really elegant solution to the whole hamburger button or menu key (on old Android versions) UI disaster. I would miss the icon buttons a lot as a dev. The second is that you now have a persistent status bar all the time on screen. It uses less space for the UI than a menu with icons, about the same as a compact menu and uses more screen space than an app with no menu at all or a pano. Lastly, it's different than the other, more popular, mobile systems. Android and iOS both have the stats bar and notification shade swipeable from the top. Overall I like it, but I would prefer the current menu and I'm not crazy about the colored strip on the side.

I'm not feeling the home screen. The design looks great and I love the look of your 4x4 and 2x4 tiles. I think Files, which aren't that important to the average user, and Search, which is the magnifying glass button on the bottom of the device, don't really need to be on the home screen. I do like that you've made it a pivot rather than the "how do I get to the other programs?" thing WP has now. My mother had her 928 for months and didn't know how to get the rest of her programs until I showed her... The time and weather (no date?) is cool-looking, but it's not doing anything a 4x2 live tile couldn't. (Seriously, make that app.) The time is also on the persistent status bar. This is one of the few live tile designs I've seen for WP that doesn't look completely cluttered. I'm still skeptical about the idea.

Your lockscreen looks fantastic, but it has less info and looks less customizable than the lockscreen on my current phone, which has the time, date, temp, appointments and - ironically - the status bar.

Overall, a really nice design with very innovative ideas about the notification shade and app menus.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Great concept, I like the overall feel of the UI, and the first concept that I want to be made into the actual W(P) Interface ;).
I have only two issues.
One, the notification bar SHOULD NOT BE AT THE BOTTOM. I agree it can be a distinct and unique touch to the idea of a notification center, but practically, it just cannot work. But the scrolling idea derived from TouchWiz in Samsung Galaxy phones is great.
Second, I'm not really sure about the pivots on the home screen. It's a depart from the idea of WP having only a single home screen and an app list. Also, it can get confusing.

Sorry if I was harsh and rude in my criticisms, I was blown away with the interface and especially the lock screen, but I would like to see a concept with my two issues resolved :). Keep up the good work 😊

dovlab

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Great concept, but that bottom positioned info bar maybe hard to use. That space is reserved for the apps to set their navigation menu ...

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Great concept, but that bottom positioned info bar maybe hard to use. That space is reserved for the apps to set their navigation menu ...

it might be hard. but's it fun to try the change.
we feel it's hard just because we are habitual to top positioned info bar since beginning of time.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Beautiful, just beautiful
Love the concept, I doubt MS will implement it like that but it doesn't hurt to dream. As for the status bar, I'm not sure (I like it though) but I think start should be a little simpler, and just go left for action center and right for app list. Would make a bit more sense while sticking to the pivot idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital