Lync App and photos

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way to send/attach photos/files through the Phone Lync app?

I only have:

See Contact Card
Invite Others
Send as Email
See Conversations

Thanks,

Mr. V:amaze:

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Someone tried a screenshare with me and I got a message on my 930 that I could only do conference calls and messaging.

Does it work on other platforms - like Android?

Thanks,
Mr.V

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
sharing pictures is a feature I hope they will add in a future update.

My office uses Lync and I am able to chat with my girlfriend using Lync on my phone while she's at work. hehe

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget that Lync is primarily an enterprise level collaboration tool and businesses don't really have a need for file sharing in the way you're describing.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
File sharing for mobile meetings is incredibly important. Being able to discuss the information held in a document during a meeting is quite relevant. I hope they realize that.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not usually. Items being discussed normally happens in a screen sharing session.

Most of the time in business meetings, one person shares their screen to discuss a document, run through a PowerPoint presentation or whatever. If any collaboration needs to be done, people will use the collaboration tools in SharePoint.

If there was a large need for file sharing in Lync, it would have been implemented years ago.

If you want this kind of file sharing, then Skype is a better option.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
can you skype a ppt file? The meetings I am usually in require a diagram - flow chart, process, architecture. Being able to see a diagram while discussing it with a few people is really quite handy. Why would Lync desktop allow this and not the mobile app?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes