Anyway to test your GPS on windows phone?

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe GPS is working on my recently purchased 1520 ATT. I never tested until now on vacation and no gps no bueno. Running wp8.1 w/denim

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Manus31 thanks for suggestion still no avail

I'm not sure what your issue is. I'm getting a signal via satellite whether I'm on wifi or not and here maps works for me without wifi.Perhaps you do have an issue with your gps receiver.I would use gps quite a lot on my android tablet and a hard reset of that usually fixes any problems with it

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Go into Settings, select Location. Location Services has to be turned on to allow the GPS receiver to operate. Turn that off, no GPS.

Here maps cannot locate you with this turned off. Neither can any other app that uses GPS or Location Services.

pureview_lvr

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe GPS is working on my recently purchased 1520 ATT. I never tested until now on vacation and no gps no bueno. Running wp8.1 w/denim

The app called gps info. Turn location on. Just launch app and you will get gps coordinates like latitude, longitude, altitude etc. If you have working gps.
App works on full gps mode without any internet connection. There are many similar apps.you can check.I just mentioned one.
You can also use here maps and here drive+ apps. There is also a default maps app in your phone.just download maps for your region and enjoy offline gps navigation.

For gps info app

http://www.google.co.in/url?q=http:...b0cAQs&usg=AFQjCNF4BCyfELTHWRp296bkE1m8DVrFaA

buffalosolja

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks just tried (location service was already on) and it pulled an "A-GPS Mode from GSM Data". Now my here apps work, I called ATT and they said it was an outage in area yesterday. Will that stop GPS from functioning? I thought if I downloaded maps it could operate without data....

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks just tried (location service was already on) and it pulled an "A-GPS Mode from GSM Data". Now my here apps work, I called ATT and they said it was an outage in area yesterday. Will that stop GPS from functioning? I thought if I downloaded maps it could operate without data....

A-GPS Mode is "Assisted GPS", and is your location is assisted by a Cellular data connection when you don't have a strong GPS signal. The assist also helps you get a faster location lock on initial start up.

The 1520 is capable of A-GLONASS, A-GPS, BeiDou, Wi-Fi, and Cellular Network location services. A-GPS and A-GLONASS are both assisted technologies that require either a cellular or Wi-Fi connection for an assist OR a dedicated GPS receiver as backup. BeiDou, while a dedicated satellite receiver, only receives from the Chinese satellite system, which is currently limited to the part of the world where China is. The expanded BeiDou system is still under construction. GPS and GLONASS are both global, but the A- means you've got to get the assist from cellular to use them.

So, yeah, it is working as the manufacturer has intended for it to work. Nothing broken.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon