What happens if Microsoft following Cyanogen?

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
what happens if Microsoft follow Cyanogen ?

I was thinking this from a day when I started installing custom roms then suddenly Microsoft made windows mobile 10 available to certain Xiaomi Mi4 users which increased my curiosity. So why Microsoft doesn't follow Cyanogen and make windows mobile insider builds available to all android current,old and aging devices like this they can increase consumers plus lot of feedbacks plus so many people understand how good is windows mobile plus they can make windows 10 to run on latest devices from samesung/Lg/HTC/sony etc moreover huge consumers for OS which may provoke dev to build universal apps..i don't want them to release final builds only insider builds which also continue after final build.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: what happens if Microsoft follow Cyanogen ?

Hmm, while questions like this spark a lot of ideas, opinions and interesting discussions, only Microsoft could really provide a detailed (and final) answer to these types of questions.

In my opinion, however, if I read correctly that Cyanogen is a sort of modification of the Android OS, then having Microsoft simply follow Cyanogen would defeat the purpose of creating and building their own (more secure, more controlled and more stable) OS in the first place.

As for supporting older devices, notice that not all Windows Phones can be upgraded to Windows 10. Shocking? No, I didn't mean to provoke. There are Windows Phones that are limited to Windows Phone 7.8, most (if not all) are Lumias - those phones couldn't be upgraded to Windows Phone 8, and so they could also not be upgraded to Windows 10. They could not be upgraded to Windows 10 because of hardware limitations - they may not (or really could not) support the security enhancements and other essential baseline features that give Windows Phones their identity and edge. As software evolves, so does the hardware - if we limit software developments to current hardware capabilities, then we never would have had better devices since the first IBM PC.

Then again, only Microsoft has the authority and final answer to these types of questions. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac