I owe an apology to people who use Glance.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
OK... So it is more than a clock at least...

In Settings > Lockscreen > can you choose something for detailed status? I like Calendar, but there should be a whole list of options.

Oh yeah it's more than I clock, I exaggerated a bit :p

But I've never seen calendar details like there but maybe I just didn't keep it enabled long enough. It's just unfortunate that I can't get the weather there though.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I would LOVE to have wireless charging. I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those Qi strips for inside the battery cover that covers the microUSB port and a Qi Charging pad. I'd love that. Slap me a NFC tag on the Qi charging pad to put it in Night Stand mode, and I'll be happy.

If ya do, tell me how it works :D I've been curious lol

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
If ya do, tell me how it works :D I've been curious lol

Well, actually been doing a lot of research, and did an "in mind" simulation to see how it would work. I have a mind that can work that way, and it helps me solve a lot of problems. What I discovered is that since the receiver pad will cover your microUSB port, you would be forced to disassemble it if you wanted to use the USB port for anything. I figured, "Okay, so I can use Wi-Fi file transfers or Bluetooth, and I'll just put a Qi charger on my night stand, desk, and in my vehicle. Whoa there! It just started adding up cost quite a bit, plus prevents me from direct laptop hookup via USB! I've decided it's not worth it at this point in time.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes it might cost a lot :p but I was curious as to how the small strip that go into the micro-usb port actually works.. I saw somewhere that someone ordered one, proceeded to install, but soon saw that it didn't work.. Another user pointed out that he/she bought the wrong one for his/her phone :/

Last edited:

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there are 2 types. Connector up or down. Notice one long edge of the port is shorter than the other? That connector direction will determine e which one you need.

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Glance is more optimal for amoled screens. I have a 720 (yes I know its really old but I'm just ok with it) and whenever I turned on Glance it consumed my battery so friggin hard that I ultimately learned to live without it. Yes I guess the bright lights at night can be a bother but I don't really check my phone until it vibrates or beeps or something. How do I check the time then ? There's these cute little devices called watches or clocks :p All-in-all the only problem I have with Glance is the huge battery consumption and for me that is a major problem. Besides, double tapping the screen or something or turn it on takes the same amount of time and effort as pushing the button. I know its not Nokia/Microsoft's fault that I have an old model but hey, I;m happy with it, so why change it :)

I also have a 2 year old 720 and with glance always on and double tap to wake as well. In the whole 2 years I haven't noticed any increase in battery life at all so to me it sounds like there's something else wrong. No apps running wild in the background for example?
I find glance such a nifty extra that I'll only change to another phone with glance included. Otherwise no deal!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I mentioned previously all the things that Glance displayed or could display:
Time, date, weather, quick status, notifications, and a background picture.
I would also like to mention that Glance will show you if you have any alarms turned on, and it'll show you when your device is charging and how close it is to being fully charged.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon