Android & iOS apps have better features than WP?

monster5

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
i noticed that all android & ios apps like facebook whatspp even skype are better than wp.
why? and is there any hope that one day wp users will have better apps!
p.s. better in design and functionality.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Android & iOS apps have better features than WP?

i noticed that all android & ios apps like facebook whatspp even skype are better than wp.

why? and is there any hope that one day wp users will have better apps!

p.s. better in design and functionality.

Actually whatsapp is good. It's actually on par with the other platforms.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People spend more effort on those platforms because those platforms have more users.

More users, higher priority.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

notification bug custom notification bug...
background picture came too late
Background pictures came around the time after whatsapp was down for WP users which was may last year.

Well I haven't had any notification bugs since I downgraded back to 8.1. Maybe you are still on windows 10?

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp in WP still lacks some features compared to Android and iOS.
Facebook app sucks to the core, don't know how a big company like MS can't program an equally competent FB App in wp!
Same with Twitter, Instagram, Kik (which is dead) and Snapchat (its creators didn't even consider wp worthy for an app).
This damn app gap is frustrating, patience of users is being tested by MS.

Manu6901

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Background pictures came around the time after whatsapp was down for WP users which was may last year.

Well I haven't had any notification bugs since I downgraded back to 8.1. Maybe you are still on windows 10?

Notification bug still exists in WhatsApp, you don't get toast notifications for multiple group messages, alert tone and toast notifications are only working for the first message in a group and for preceding multiple messages you don't get a tone or toast notification. Only the tile gets updated with latest count of unread messages at once suddenly out of blue.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Notification bug still exists in WWhatsApp, you don't get toast notifications for multiple group messages, only alert tone and toast notifications are working for the first or some odd messages in a group and for preceding messages you don't get a tone or toast notifications only tile gets updated with latest count of unread messages at once suddenly.

Ohh that. I think they did that on purpose. Imagine being bombarded with notifications every second lol. That isn't a bug. It's more like a way to save battery life. By not showing a alerting you every second. By the way you also have the option of having lock screen notifications too.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp in WP still lacks some features compared to Android and iOS.
Facebook app sucks to the core, don't know how a big company like MS can't program an equally competent FB App in wp!
Same with Twitter, Instagram, Kik (which is dead) and Snapchat (its creators didn't even consider wp worthy for an app).
This damn app gap is frustrating, patience of users is being tested by MS.

If you hate the apps here that bad then leave. Go to iOS or Android. There's no point in complaining here anyway.

Loc Ngo

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

notification bug custom notification bug...
background picture came too late
I'm a whatsapp user and i don't know what bug you are talking about. Background pic came a bit late but now we finally have it like all the other platforms. Why are you still complaining? Or are you somebody who we call by a word that starts with a t...?

aveese

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
i had the note then bought 1520 and i wasn't aware that there was a
large feature/app gap and my apps are not the same/missing
when i bought the phone haha
it was so frustrating so i got an a5 and now i'm happy lol
my 1520 is now my portable hotspot haha
waiting for windows 10 on mobile :p

monster5

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm a whatsapp user and i don't know what bug you are talking about. Background pic came a bit late but now we finally have it like all the other platforms. Why are you still complaining? Or are you somebody who we call by a word that starts with a t...?

i noticed some thing and i asked question i don't know why you people taking this thing personally. Its a realty android apps are better than wp in design and i hope they do some thing about this problem
P.S. i am using windows phone since wp7 (htc hd7) and i love it and planning to buy lumia 950.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa