Is Here Drive+ no longer coming installed on new Windows Phones?

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I made the mistake of uninstalling the Here Drive+ app that came installed on my old Lumia 520. Searching for it on the Windows App Store, it is nowhere to be found, along with Here Maps. I reached out to Here.com and got the following reply back a couple of weeks ago. Does this sound legit or is Here no longer going to be offering the apps for Windows Phone?

"[FONT=&quot]We are aware of a technical issue that?s preventing us from offering the HERE apps in the Windows Store for new Windows and Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and 10 users. We are working to resolve the problem and restore the availability of the HERE apps for new users. [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, I am very sorry to inform you that if you already uninstalled the app from your Lumia phone, you will not be able to download it again from the Windows Store until we have a resolution."

[/FONT]

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I made the mistake of uninstalling the Here Drive+ app that came installed on my old Lumia 520. Searching for it on the Windows App Store, it is nowhere to be found, along with Here Maps. I reached out to Here.com and got the following reply back a couple of weeks ago. Does this sound legit or is Here no longer going to be offering the apps for Windows Phone?

"[FONT="]We are aware of a technical issue that’s preventing us from offering the HERE apps in the Windows Store for new Windows and Windows Phone 8, 8.1 and 10 users. We are working to resolve the problem and restore the availability of the HERE apps for new users. [/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=#1F497D][FONT="]Unfortunately, I am very sorry to inform you that if you already uninstalled the app from your Lumia phone, you will not be able to download it again from the Windows Store until we have a resolution."

[/FONT]
Interesting but the app did have an update yesterday. I think it probably will continue to offer apps since it only makes sense in the relationship Microsoft has with HERE (i.e. see Maps).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon