Does the progress of GTA San Andreas/Hitman Go/Halo get "BACKED UP" in Settings

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I just discovered that my Nokia Lumia 1520 (Philippine Variant) has a new firmware available through the Windows Device Recovery Tool which was not released OTA (Over the Air)

I am hesitant though to install this update because I do not want to lose my game progress specifically for GTA San Andreas, Hitman Go and Halo Spartan Assault. I spent too much time playing these games that I do not want them wiped out.

Now my question is, do these games get backed up through the back up app settings?
When I check the windows phone FAQs it states that the backup feature backs up High Score and Game Progress from participating apps.

These 3 games do not indicate if they're a "participating app".
Does anyone have experience backing up and restoring these games successfully?

WP_20151018_22_12_41_Pro_zpsnegwjokx.jpg

Back up.jpg

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I just discovered that my Nokia Lumia 1520 (Philippine Variant) has a new firmware available through the Windows Device Recovery Tool which was not released OTA (Over the Air)

I am hesitant though to install this update because I do not want to lose my game progress specifically for GTA San Andreas, Hitman Go and Halo Spartan Assault. I spent too much time playing these games that I do not want them wiped out.

Now my question is, do these games get backed up through the back up app settings?
When I check the windows phone FAQs it states that the backup feature backs up High Score and Game Progress from participating apps.

These 3 games do not indicate if they're a "participating app".
Does anyone have experience backing up and restoring these games successfully?

View attachment 114657

View attachment 114658

Halo game progress is synced to the cloud, so it's better than backup.

Make sure you stick your GTA saves online (bottom two save slots, I think they're yellow) because you'll probably lose the rest.

I lost my Hitman Go stuff so I think that might be toast.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Spartan Assault and Strike connected to Xbox so that was nice.

GTA San Andreas, I played it on desktop Windows - I had to sign in with a Rockstar Account before I could save to the cloud. An extra step, but worth considering the data at stake.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
^ so you're talking about the desktop version of GTA San Andreas? I'm talking about the phone version hehe

I was talking about the tablet version from the store which I was under the impression was the same or otherwise very similar to the iOS, Windows Phone port etc.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
^ Oh apparently GTA San Andreas isn't a universal app. So the phone version and tablet version isn't the same.
It's really frustrating that a big game like this does not support cloud sync for saving game progress.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
^ Oh apparently GTA San Andreas isn't a universal app. So the phone version and tablet version isn't the same.
It's really frustrating that a big game like this does not support cloud sync for saving game progress.

But please check though, you gotta have some kind of online save slot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon