Buying advice 950 vs 950 XL

Burnbackin

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So guys, I am willing to upgrade from my Lumia 930, but I just cannot decide between the two sizes 😞 (I know, first world problem). However, can someone give some feedback whether he/she regrets the bigger size? Both feel very nice in my hands, I just fear that the XL is just a bit too big for every day use. But I like the screen size for browsing, chatting, YouTube etc. Will I be able to adjust. What's your experience? Any feedback is much appreciated.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell for the 950 and 950XL, as I've yet to receive my XL and haven't had an opportunity to get my hands on any of these devices before.
But I was a happy 1020 owner almost 2 years ago, when I decided to get a 1520 in addition. I first felt as unsure just like you do regarding the sheer size of this beast, but once I got it, it took me about 2 days of getting used to it. In the end I even sold my 1020 as the 1520 quickly became my daily driver and I didn't feel any need to keep an additional device I would rarely use anyways.

So if you already got your hands on both devices and had a chance to compare them, I'd say go for the XL, if you really felt comfortable with it.

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So guys, I am willing to upgrade from my Lumia 930, but I just cannot decide between the two sizes 😞 (I know, first world problem). However, can someone give some feedback whether he/she regrets the bigger size? Both feel very nice in my hands, I just fear that the XL is just a bit too big for every day use. But I like the screen size for browsing, chatting, YouTube etc. Will I be able to adjust. What's your experience? Any feedback is much appreciated.

The screen size is not an issue on the XL. It was easy to carry and very thin/light. It doesn't work well on ATT and has a lot of bugs that will eat away at many hours getting it working to an acceptable level. Can't speak about the 950. I regretted getting the 950xl for missing features and instability. I have to be available all the time by phone and cant deal with having to hard reset I everyday for a weak.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I love my 950 xl and I wish the screen was as big as my 1520 at 6", other than the size, it's more updated and a great phone with new features.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I've owned both devices. When the devices are set for 'Extra Tiles" in the Personalization/Start setting, the 950XL will allow 4 columns of medium (and 8 columns of small) while the 950 allows for 3 columns of medium (and 6 columns of small). The 950 feels a little cramped after the XL, but as with anything there are trade-offs: convenient to read versus convenient to carry, etc.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the XL:
Better processor
Free Display Dock
Plus it's only people who don't own one who seem to worry it's too big. Everyone who owns one seems to get used to the size.

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At first I was set on the 950 (due to smaller screen size and price difference), then the free display dock offer came along for the 950XL. I am now a happy owner of the 950XL (minus a few bugs here and there). At first, I was worried about the size difference as well, like you. But once I had the phone, size was not an issue at all.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I went from the 920 to the 1520. I wasn't sure if I would like the larger phone but decided to try anyway. It took about a week to get used to using and holding the phone but now I love it. In fact, I will stay with the 1520 until AT&T starts offering the 950XL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon